• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We all know fastbacks are king but...

What bodystyle is your mustang?

• Coupe

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • Convertible

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Fastback (2+2)

Votes: 52 52.0%

• Total voters
"Daves69Coupe" said:
come on, we need more votes for coupes :roll
About 100 more would put coupes statistically where the count should be based on units sold. If the coupe vote doesn't surpass the fastback by a margin of at least 3 to 1, it's fair to say...as we all knew coming in...the fastback is king. :wor

Re: Re: Re: We all know fastbacks are king but...

"sgtjunior" said:
I have a fb and a vert so I voted for the one that's running (and getting my ass whipped in the COTM) but we still are the red headed step's right now, sorry rabbit

Don't feel bad, I got my butt whipped 3 times in COTM too. I just try to get at least one vert in there every month.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: We all know fastbacks are king but...

"RapidRabbit" said:
Don't feel bad, I got my butt whipped 3 times in COTM too. I just try to get at least one vert in there every month.
Hey vert guys, hold your heads high. At least your ranks are adequately represented in the poll figures. 10% of units sold were verts. 10% of the poll are verts.

Since I can't vote for both the coupe and FB, I guess I have to open my bank account info to those who wish to financially persuade me. :roll

a high percentage of coupes I imagine have been totalled, crushed rotted away or been hacked apart so someone can build a fastback with parts from a coupe. Just look at the forums, theres more coupe members but not by much. Definently not 3-1.

all this pole means is that fastbacks are not as rare as you guys make them out to be (as i expected). when i go to a show, i see more fastbacks than coupes.

"Daves69Coupe" said:
a high percentage of coupes I imagine have been totalled, crushed rotted away or been hacked apart so someone can build a fastback with parts from a coupe. Just look at the forums, theres more coupe members but not by much. Definently not 3-1.

The 3+ to 1 ratio is just the ratio of units of each body style produced. If more coupes (as a relative style percentage) got destroyed than another body style all that means is owners were more likely to junk a coupe than a fastback. I would also wager that if every member here did vote, those ratios would come a lot closer to the production numbers than they currently sit. Remember also, many members own more than one style but to keep people from over-voting the poll limited them to just one vote. In most of those cases, the owners picked their favorite (naturally the fastback! :pbj).

"janschutz" said:
I have 2 coupes and could only vote once!

Yeah, well you're one of those "rich" guys not paying your fair share, so it makes it even!

Well I have 2 convertibles.........

If you count this one.
6b0a787b-9f1b-88ef.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Add my vote to the coupe group. I think Ford know what they were doing when they made the Mustang... they make the most of what people like the best... COUPES!!!

Re: Re: We all know fastbacks are king but...

"sgtjunior" said:
I have a fb and a vert so I voted for the one that's running (and getting my ass whipped in the COTM) but we still are the red headed step's right now, sorry rabbit

Dude you have the best damn avatar I have ever seen!

"RustyRed" said:
Nope, they are just pulling an Acorn and paying winos to sign up and vote. :beer
Nice try. Being superior, fastbacks have no need to cheat.

Hell this is so much fun why not do a "which is better" '65/'66 vs '67/68. '67/68 vs '69/'70. '69/'70 vs '71/'73 etc. etc. etc.

Back