• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats the first question people ask when they see your mustang?

Since when does a car need to be finished to drive it??

I was driving mine when it looked like this....LOL
Untitled-7.jpg

I get the usual "what year is it?" question a lot, but the one question that usually get's asked by people who I assume to be "car guys" that really bugs me is: "Is it a real Shelby?"

"How much ya want for it?"
If my wife is with me she responds "$60,000"
"Yeah right. It ain't worth that."
Then she says "you didn't ask that"

I actually had 2 young ricer punks in Oregon try to tell me that the switch box I have between the seats was really hiding the NOS button.

Imagine, they knew what it was and I didn't. Sometimes the stench of morons gets overwhelming, even for someone that's lost his sense of smell.

I've gotten a few odd questions

Q: Is it real?
A: A real what? Its not a hologram

Q:Is it a Bullit car
A:No, but I've considered shooting it before

Q:Is it a Shelby
A:No, I couldnt afford the licensing

It's funny, I've had a lot of people ask me if mine has a 302 in it, despite the fact it's a '67. Oddly enough, it DOES have a 302 in it. :craz

Frank

I always get man ur lucky that ur dad lets u drive his car or i wish my dad bought me a fb mustang. seems like no one believes i bought it with my own saved money :cry

I know one question they ask Midlife is "Where did you find the garage remote?" since the door very seldom gets opened.......

Since mine has not been on the road in quite some time, it usually just family members asking if gasoline will still exist when I finally get it finished. To which I reply.... maybe..

"AzPete" said:
I know one question they ask Midlife is "Where did you find the garage remote?" since the door very seldom gets opened.......

One key is a six-pack of Wattles in a trunk...it almost always opens up the door.

"Midlife" said:
One key is a six-pack of Wattles in a trunk...it almost always opens up the door.

But that opens the middle door, not the one with the "car" under the cover......

"nymustang" said:
Since mine has not been on the road in quite some time, it usually just family members asking if gasoline will still exist when I finally get it finished. To which I reply.... maybe..
you can always make your own fuel, and drink some of it too!

I get "what is it?" most, "what year?" and "is it a real Shelby?" I've had a few ask if it was a new Camero :wtf and "did you buy it that way?"

One more that I get, but it's not really a question, is from little kids saying, "Hey, look - it's Bumblebee!" :craz

"70_Fastback" said:
One more that I get, but it's not really a question, is from little kids saying, "Hey, look - it's Bumblebee!" :craz

I thought they yelled "It's Shrek"

Back