• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats the first question people ask when they see your mustang?

"KBMWRS" said:
"How much ya want for it?"
If my wife is with me she responds "$60,000"
"Yeah right. It ain't worth that."
Then she says "you didn't ask that"

If Jo wanted to really shut down the guy she could always change the last line to " And you don't have $60K to spend so it really doesn't matter, does it?" :beat

Normally, it's either "holy crap, when are you gonna get that thing painted?" or "sounds good. what 'cha got under the hood?"

My favorite is when you get the dork in the mini-van asking if "you want to trade".

I always just laugh and ask why would I want to trade a classic Mustang for something that I'd need a soccer mom dress to drive...

Mostly I get "What year is it?" (most folks haven't seen a 69 convertible before), followed by "Is that a 67 or a 68?" (No) and "Is that a factory color?" (Would I have painted it pastel yellow if it wern't?) That's from the non-Mustang enthusiast crowd. On the street, thumbs up or "cool car!" At Mustang shows, general apathy.

Nah...they really ask you...."Those black plates come with the car?" :ecit :scar :pbj :pbj

Well, Selene is in pieces, so when I work on her and the garage is open I get people asking, "What is that?" :cry

If they know me they ask " Where's your Falcon, why ya drivin' this POS "?

If they don't know me they ask " What a POS, why don't you get a Falcon "?

First question they ask on the '69, is "what year is that"? Second question is always "is that an Eleanor?" :barf

Occasionally people see my hood emblems and ask "what's a 408?" Usually car guys, and almost never the ones that think it's an Eleanor.

I get asked "What color is that?" then most of the time followed by "What engine doe it have?". I usually answer the second question "A little 302 with a noisy fan."

The most common question I get is, "I don't see anything"
My reply is, "You need to drink more alcohol."

See anything yet?
Picture0022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"DEL65" said:

See anything yet?
Picture0022.jpg

I have always seen your car John. Nice color too. :beat

"DEL65" said:

See anything yet?
Picture0022.jpg

yeah, I see someone making the rest of us look bad...the garage is too clean. Wanna borrow some of the crap in mine?

Back