• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2017 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and cities announced

Here's the plan I'm looking at if I go. I'm only doing the mid section of the tour. Round trip ends up being about 1300 miles.

June 12 – Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa
June 13 – University of Illinois (State Farm Center) in Champaign, Illinois
June 14 – Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois
June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana

769f36cd3790b328375fba77d98b3217.jpg

I am locked in up to Champaign and after that (for now anyway) I plan to see how it has been going to that point to determine how much farther I go. Regardless of far you go it would be great to connect with you at some point along the trail, Pat.

If you didn't want to join us at the party in Kansas City all you had to do was say so…
I really did want to meet up with u guys, but that's just too much time off.
I am locked in up to Champaign and after that (for now anyway) I plan to see how it has been going to that point to determine how much farther I go. Regardless of far you go it would be great to connect with you at some point along the trail, Pat.
My route will depend on how well my car holds up too. So far I've only put about 100 miles on it since I got it running. And with the winter I'm not going to get a lot of time to road test it before then.

Boo, I'll be headed to the left coast for American Graffiti Festival! One of these years...

Any one start booking hotels yet? I've started trying to pick out a few. Just curious where everybody will be.

You better get on it. It's right around the corner.

My car is gassed up waxed and ready to run.

I took it it for a nice long drive Monday and she's running good. Except I still need to get my tires and alignment done.

Of course it's snowing a bit today! So that will have to wait until next week now.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

43 days to go.

When do they release the driving route?

they have been pretty inconsistent with the release of the driving route. Generally it's pretty last minute though. They have someone or several run the route to see if there is any construction or weather related road damage etc.

Had planned to be off tomorrow and was aiming for this to be the weekend the car made some noise. Now I don't know. Just got a call that forces me to head up to Green Bay area tonight for what will be at least an all day schedule tomorrow but may leak into the weekend. SOB

That sucks. You'll be passing right by my house though on the way if you take 41up.

Alright Bozos, I need a headcount on who will be in KC on Friday June, 9th. We are planning a GTG at Bob's house in Basehor (just a few clicks West of the speedway).

Bob and Ronda are graciously allowing us to come and trash...errr, visit their home, have some good food and maybe some adult beverages.

All you need to do is show up...no need to bring anything unless you're a picky sumbitch. I'll send a text out to the local hosers that have forsaken us here at the Fix.

Total so far = 15
I'll be there. Driving from Ames on Friday morning...ish.
Bob, and I assume Ronda
Danno
Jeremy
Craig +4
Terry +1
Skip
Jerry & Carla

Last edited:
Back