• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Sportsroof "Mystique"

I'd forego the chemical usage myself. Especially if you intend to retain anything under that stuff like body fillers. Fillers can and will absorb moisture. This is why I always suggest epoxy on bare metal before using fillers. Anyone who has ever stripped a car down to metal has seen rust under filler that developed because it absorbed moisture before it was sealed over. You don't want to have filler under your top coat that has absorbed anything like a paint stripper, etc. Recipe for another disaster.

Get some 80-120 discs for your sander and knock that crap off. You'll need a grit of this aggressiveness not just to clear the surface of that Eastwood crap but also to give bite for whatever you come back with to start over. I say start over because that is what you need to do if you want to end up with a decent finished product. It won't take much to lay down a bit of filler to repair whatever gets messed up in the process and you'll be back to the point you can then lay down a proper base from which to move forward.

We all learn our lessons along the way. No shame in that. What you don't want to do is compound it by trying to find shortcuts to try and correct anything. It just ends up costing more in materials and time. Been there done that.
thats fair, i am trying to avoid screwing up the bondo but i will go that route with higher grit...I was hopeful it stuck, and i had done a 200 grit over all the car before epoxy.

Thanks for all the help

On the bright side, the exhaust and fuel systems are all in place now. I need to add fuel and see if she will fire on her own. Will be the 1st time, as before it was always an electronic pump from a gas tank in front of the car lol

It was a bad day. Took awhile but got the car running off its own tank....Tach wasn't working and didn't think anything of temps look warm but not bad noticed the fan wasn't running....

Well anyway finally found the PCV wasn't connected and boom she's running good........Then the lower rad hose just BLEW UP!!! FML and these janky crap hose types

428694547_10168228820345521_2759291820335040124_n.jpg
429570529_10168228820575521_7034826978494509588_n.jpg

Last edited:
What in the hell is that hose? It looks like someone pieced together a makeshift hose adapter, it was destined to fail!

What in the hell is that hose? It looks like someone pieced together a makeshift hose adapter, it was destined to fail!
yeah it was one of those kits they sell....I couldnt find a hose that fit right at the time so put that on there......I have a hose on now and everything seem good

Back