• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel filler Mods

"tarafied1" said:
okay, last week or so I made the first 69 neck for Doug. Made another for Tom, aka SAC69 that has the no siphon spring in it. and another 67 for Jeff aka RestoMod67 (I think that's right.)

Just wanted to pop in here & give Craig some props for the filler neck. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks great. And personally, I'm glad there is no spring in this one. The one that's on the car now has one, and I hate it :)

Thanks, Craig!

Craig,

Up here in Seattle it is now too cold and snowy to drive me 65 Conv. If I pull my filler, are you up to doing a 65 filler? My car is up on jack stands for the winter. No need for gas right now.

Indycanard (Henry)

I just picked up a fuel tank the other night so, I am about ready to drop that in. Would you have time to do a neck if I sent it off to you?

Nick,
Best for you to PM Tarafied1 directly and send him your filler neck. His work is fantastic and you will not regret it.

OOH!!!! ooh!!! I can take the filler neck out of Gert if I'm going to be working on her for several months!! :yah

Wait :confu and just how does one removed the filler neck? lol

"Kats66Pny" said:
OOH!!!! ooh!!! I can take the filler neck out of Gert if I'm going to be working on her for several months!! :yah

Wait :confu and just how does one removed the filler neck? lol

Two clamps on the hose inside the trunk, 4(I think) screws under the cap, one bolt under the cap holding the strap in place, and then work the gasket loose if it is stuck. Remove it to the rear of the car. Then cover the opening in the tank to prevent things from falling in.

I received my fuel filler neck from Craig. It looks great, thanks again Craig!

DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF1227-1.jpg

Just one question though. This fell out, I am thinking that it is not that big of a deal if it is not installed but, thought I would ask.

DSCF1229-1.jpg

oh bummer! That is a deflector that is supposed to be behind the drain hole so gas can't splash back thru the 1/8 inch hole. I'm glad it didn't fall off before you installed it. I usually check those with the pliers to make sure it's solid. Let me know if it's a problem for you.

I will be doing tighter quality control on those for sure!
Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm sorry.

I was going to make a joke about this, perhaps even suggest the necessity of a recall to avoid the sudden and uncontrollable acceleration a loose tab could cause, but figured that with the sensitivity of Craig's on this forum, that it might snowball into an unsightly shenanigan and hurt feelings.

Back