• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

Damn. I tried to convince hubby to let me get the E-nose, but he shot that idea down when he saw the price. :Katcof Oh well. I'll get it one of these days!! Until then....

It's time like this when I love my friends in my car club. One of the guys who has like 5 - 65/66 mustangs taken apart in his 'mustang barn' had some headlight stuff and he sandblasted one and shot some primer on it and gave it to me last night. :yah It's an original piece so no repop fitment issues. It actually had a BULLET hole in it. lol He fixed the hole before he put primer on it.

download.jpg

Looks like you got a really nice replacement Kat! I know it's not what you REALLY wanted, but it'll still look good and help Gertrude back on the road again! :thu

More goodies for Gertrude! :yah Thanks to mustang guy in my car club, the one who I got the disc brakes from.

Yes, I have 2 dash clusters. One was out of JohnPro/AzPete's pony.. and the other I got today. I may or may not use the one I got today. I might take the amp gauge out and use it in the other one I got. :confu

I got a brand new dash pad, door panels, all the little knobs and stuff for ignition, wiper, lights, cig lighter, etc. Door handles, window handles, review mirror, sun visor chrome, turn signal handle, fender bolts, rubber grommets for the whole car, rubber bumpers I think go on the fenders, winshield washer bag, some trim for quarter panel or something, a gas pedal. Some of it I don't need like the pedal but he handed me the box and said take it home and go through it and get what you need. Oh couple motor mounts were in the box. Won't need those either.

EarlyXmas.jpg

Oh and check out that sexy harness thanks to Midlife!! :pbj

Harness.jpg

I love getting mustang parts in the mail. Got more goodies from CJs yesterday. :yah Took almost a month to get them, they were on backorder.

goodiesl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my little road trip where I picked up some new wiring!!! :pbj

- Firewall to headlight wire loom
- Firewall to engine gauge feed
- Alternator wire
- Engine-Chassis ground

Time to go play with Gertrude! GIT-R-DONE!!! :yah

NewWiring.jpg

Kat, I might be able to help you out. I have 5 E noses that were not made completely to my satisfaction. They normally sell for 1050.00 but if some one want to tweaked them I'm selling them for 250.00. The only thing is with my nose it will require my long hood. This noes looks just like the 67-68 that we make.

fit on a 66 coupe?? :confu what do you mean they weren't made to your satisfaction? How much tweaking would be required?

Is it this nose?
eleanor-body-kit-nose.jpg

and I'd have to use this hood?
kit0232.jpg

Kat, I'll post some pictures of it tonight when I get home. The two we will be offering are the movie correct, which is now on our website and the 67 style which is also there. The one you are looking at is our new 68 style. The tweaking would need to be at the top where it lines up with the fenders.

Ah ok. You said long nose and I saw that one on the website and it said long nose. I like the look of the movie correct one, but what kind of clearance does it have compared to a stock 66 hood? When I had a stock hood, the wing nut on the air cleaner hit the hood and that was with a 2" filter, holley carb and either 1" or 3/4" spacer. I want to put a 3" filter on it eventually.

Today's progress... Over a year later after I got JohnPro's dash cluster... it's finally installed!! :pbj
DashInstalled.jpg

I will ... eventually. The one I got, well turns out I can't use it. It's actually a 64/65 dash pad. Not a 66. So I have to give it back the guy I got it from and buy a correct 66 one that fits properly around the radio.

Here is a mock up pic of the nose and hood for the 65-66 MTF kit.

DSC08673.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

Difference between 67-68 and 65-66 and how much height was taken off

DSC08308.jpg

DSC00021-1.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

Today progress....

Replaced the belt, connected all the wiring and double checked it over and over and over and over yet still feels like I'm forgetting something :shrug
Put the front back on, bumper, hood. Umm what else... I think that's it. I'm almost able to start her back up again once I figure out out to hook up the fuel pump. That'll be on tomorrows to-do list.

The more I look at it.. Yes I definitely want that e-nose. It would look so much better. :thu

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

of course if I change hoods and I don't have my huge cowl anymore then I can't put my awesome sticker. :part
IMG_5147.jpg

Last nights progress.
4ac22a18-7320-5a0b.jpg

and the tool I used. lol Broke my knife but turns out it worked better broken!
4ac22a18-73a9-4fc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back