• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

Yep...the orange thing.....

Could be 180* out of position or the guts to the column may still be sitting to low for it to contact. You might be able to look between the wheel hub and column and see if things look right. The tabs should be at the 3 o'clock position for straight forward on the wheel. I usually can see there using a small flashlight.

Yeah, it probably moved and not in the correct position to hit the switch. Oh well. I'm not taking that wheel off to adjust it anytime soon. Not after what happened the other night. I value my sanity! lol

Yep.....and if you ever remove one of those rings, it will take off like being shot out of a gun.....and a pain to put back on. I don't think they are reproduced either.

good to know, I always thought about putting the better looking 66 steering wheel on a 67. Doesn't look like a simple task

"tarafied1" said:
good to know, I always thought about putting the better looking 66 steering wheel on a 67. Doesn't look like a simple task

I tried it on my early model 67 and it doesn't work very well at all. I still have the wheel, and will likely never use it for anything more than hanging on the wall.

Mel

I HAVE A MTF E-NOSE!!
:yah :yah :yah :yah :yah

e-nose1.jpg

It's going to require a little more work to put it on. It has 3 screws molded into each side, but they don't match 100%.

Right now I have it tied up so I can at least get an idea of what it looks like on Gertrude. So fricking awesome! :yah

IMG_5155.jpg

Uh yeah.. even when the nose is all the way on, my current hood is too short. Bummer. I really like my hood. I might save my hood and have it fixed by Doug's shop so it would fit. We'll see.
IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

and Rich... I watched the DVD but that shows the 67/68 nose and it showed these pieces, but I don't see how/where they'd work on the '66 since the bottom part is different.
IMG_5160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you didn't expect the hood to fit....there is a post somewhere on here about making a hood longer.....

Now the fun begins. Good luck with this project.

I knew it wasn't going to be a direct fit. Rich said it wasn't going to be.

I might just have to save up some $ and have Doug's shop deal with fitting it on there. :roll

The first part looks easy......mark and drill holes to match up to the new mounting bolts giving a bit of an oversize hole for finer adjustments. Then proceed to the lower section...... A little at a time.

"AzPete" said:
The first part looks easy......mark and drill holes to match up to the new mounting bolts giving a bit of an oversize hole for finer adjustments. Then proceed to the lower section...... A little at a time.
+1 but i'd make sure your fender gaps are good/- or if your getting it fitted by someone else might be best to just set it aside It's quite a process It will most likely require block sanding and maybe kitty hair/fill by the looks of it.

Glad it got there in one piece. Our new gal in the shipping dept threw in the extra metal by mistake, it's for the 67-68 model. Just open up your holes a little bigger and it should slide right in. We did design this nose to take a longer hood. I don't like the way the others make a E-nose because there fog lights stick out past the bumper. You can see where I was talking about the top edge of the nose isn't even with the fender. Other than that they didn't do to bad of a job.

It is a very nice looking piece Rich. The fiberglass work is done well. I rarely get a fiberglass part that is finished on the outside like this one. Most have pinholes, mold seams, and other problems.

Making it fit correctly is obviously the next step. Hopefully Kat and I won't have to cuss too much!

Doug

Back