• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

"classicdoug" said:
It is a very nice looking piece Rich. The fiberglass work is done well. I rarely get a fiberglass part that is finished on the outside like this one. Most have pinholes, mold seams, and other problems.

Making it fit correctly is obviously the next step. Hopefully Kat and I won't have to cuss too much!

Doug
[/quote

The only reason I rejected them was because they didn't fit at the top. It just seemed like such a waste to pitch them. We try very hard to make all our fiberglass user friendly.

I do have one question... how do you tighten the nuts on the studs? The bottom stud seems easy to reach, but these top two don't seem to be visible and easily reached if you go in through the wheel well. :confu

IMG_5158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy.........lol......on a Mustang........You can get to them.

Deep socket, long extensions, maybe a universal.....

"Kats66Pny" said:
Right now I have it tied up...

IMG_5155.jpg

By the looks of the nylon rope and the perfect knots, I would wager a fair amount that that isn't Kat's first time tying someon....errr...something up like that.

:roll

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy.........lol......on a Mustang........You can get to them.

Deep socket, long extensions, maybe a universal.....

That might be possible... I guess. :shrug

By the looks of the nylon rope and the perfect knots, I would wager a fair amount that that isn't Kat's first time tying someon....errr...something up like that.

:thu

Remove the front tire and climb up in there. you may have to move the front splash shield out of your way to get to them. You can do it with the wheel on the car, but its a helluva lot easier with them off.....

I'll have to remember that when it's time to put it on for good. Right now, I'm just going to wrap it up really good and put it aside until I can get a new hood as well as the correct lights to go in it since my stock headlights are too big. Oh that reminds me of another question.

Parking & headlights aside... How do most people wire the two other sets of lights - the fog lights in the bottom and the two mini ones next to the headlights? Do they all come on when the headlights are turned on or do folks like to keep the fog lights and mini lights on a switch so they can be turned on/off as they please? Hubby and I were discussing that last night and how it would be pretty sweet to be able to turn the individual sets of lights on/off with switches. That way if I want just headlights, I can have just headlights. If I want to blind people, I can flip them all on. LOL

Kat,
Mine are probably different than most other Eleanor cars but I converted to the 67 Shelby set-up. It's much like a 69 also. I have the 5 3/4" high and low beam so my inboard lights are the high beam. I also just used my standard turn signal lights in the smaller opening.

Re: Re: Kats Project

"Kats66Pny" said:
Right my stock headlights are too big.

So what size you going for when you get your headlight reduction.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

"Grabber70Mach" said:
So what size you going for when you get your headlight reduction.

2 inches smaller :roll

as for the other headlights, those are just the right size.

We use a 5 3/4 headlights for all our noses. The upper inboard light bracket is already built into the nose so you don't have to make anything. We use a standard 68 fog lamp switch for the lower fogs.

"Kats66Pny" said:
2 inches smaller :roll

as for the other headlights, those are just the right size.

We'll need pictures to make that determination... :rulz

Oh baby, my LED lights came this morning!! :pbj

Crappy pic, taken with my iphone but I can definitely tell the difference between stock bulbs and the LEDs. phone pic doesn't show them very well. You can see all the gauges a lot better except for the two outter ones. I still have the blue diffusers in. Would taking those out make the lights brighter and spread the light out more?

NewLED.jpg

Not all LEDs are created equal. Big difference between "standard" and the so called "SUPER" brights. Which ones/where did you get your LEDs?

Back