• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knott's Fab Ford Show: 21 April 2013, talk it up!!

Don't think my toe nail polish will be dry by then. Might need to bring my portable toe nail polish dryer along. Heck, maybe let the wife drive so I can finish.

"MD69Boss" said:
Yep, the show is indeed on Sunday, but getting there on Saturday as there is a Cars n Cruise event we are joining on Saturday morning...
I am in Mt. View, my brother in Willow Glen... Didn't see your schedule, what time on Friday are you planning on rolling south? We are targeting late morning/ early afternoon, to avoid traffic leaving the Bay Area...

To clarify, Mike's "8:00 a.m. sharp..." is the departure time from the rest stop on I-5 south of Mercy Springs Road (rendezvous point with the Central Valley guys) which is about 90 miles from Willow Glen. Realistically you need to be on the road by around 6:30 a.m. to meet that schedule and around 6:10 a.m. if you are starting in Mt. View. Mike's schedule includes two gas stops, a lunch stop, and a goal of rolling into the Buena Park Marriott by around 3:00 p.m. to minimize impact of afternoon commuter traffic in L.A.

By the way, I'm in Willow Glen as well.

"JeffTepper" said:
To clarify, Mike's "8:00 a.m. sharp..." is the departure time from the rest stop on I-5 south of Mercy Springs Road (rendezvous point with the Central Valley guys) which is about 90 miles from Willow Glen. Realistically you need to be on the road by around 6:30 a.m. to meet that schedule and around 6:10 a.m. if you are starting in Mt. View. Mike's schedule includes two gas stops, a lunch stop, and a goal of rolling into the Buena Park Marriott by around 3:00 p.m. to minimize impact of afternoon commuter traffic in L.A.

By the way, I'm in Willow Glen as well.

Thank for the clarification...
I saw that the meetup was on I-5 at 8am upon reading a second/ third time. As we are staying Friday night in Cambria, and rolling out again Saturday morning early enough to arrive in Cost Meas for a Cars and Coffee at 8:30, we will be taking 101 down instead of I-5.
Rats, doesn't sound like our schedules will jibe.

Oh well...see you at the show at least.
Remember if you don't meet anyone during the show to go to the grass area in the center by the announcer's stand at noon for our pic.

Also SacBill and David67 are arranging a trip to the Angels game on Saturday.

Guess I'll just be meeting everyone at the show. Don't think I can make all the before and after the show festivities. I imagine the boys will like lunch at Portillo's though... :thu

But of course Chris...we'll be dining at Portillos.

Probably after the ballgame on Saturday and then of course for lunch on Sunday. We actually had a Portillos care package sent to us from my nephew in Chicago for my wife's birthday last weekend. :pbj

Hi gang, been a few years since I was at this show, I believe we joined you guys at the outback in 2010. I'm the one with the grabber blue 2010. Since that show Sharon passed away but I'm getting back to car events so I'll be down this year.

I'm not exactly sure yet. I haven't firmed up my Friday plans yet, may or may not be in that area till Saturday. I'll let you know soon.

The latest news is that Vinny and Toni will not be making the trip west this year to Knotts.
I received a nice e-mail from them with the news. Vinny is doing well and is gaining strength in his legs but the walking and moving involved in such a trip would be too much. And the airplane ride wouldn't be fun either...so

we'll be lifting a glass :beer :beer or two :roll to both of them.

For all the years I have been going to Knotts they both have been there. You guys will be missed...but the was a veiled comment about maybe making it to Meet-In-The-Middle. :thu

This also makes our Outback count 11.
http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php/topic,18655.msg231162.html#msg231162

Thanks for the update Mike. I too am sorry to hear that they will not be in attendance.

fd

"KBMWRS" said:
The latest news is that Vinny and Toni will not be making the trip west this year to Knotts.
I received a nice e-mail from them with the news. Vinny is doing well and is gaining strength in his legs but the walking and moving involved in such a trip would be too much. And the airplane ride wouldn't be fun either...so

For all the years I have been going to Knotts they both have been there. You guys will be missed...but the was a veiled comment about maybe making it to Meet-In-The-Middle. :thu

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php/topic,18655.msg231162.html#msg231162

Mike:

You're going to have to scramble for new entertainment now. The floor show that Vinny and Toni (& her pink broom) always provide is the highlight of Friday night at the Outback!

"KBMWRS" said:

We hate not being able to get there. We will for sure miss you folks, meet in the middle...hmmmmm could happen

I got my vehicle pass today. They are trying to be a little more strict. It has the year and model along with the Lic plate number. Small numbers, but they are there.

fd

Back