• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

"mustangstofear" said:
We just had to fold it up like a taco to fit it in the door

:wtf

Does it really not fit through the door and quarter window opening? How much did you have to fold it? Does this have the potential to cause damage?

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
:wtf

Does it really not fit through the door and quarter window opening? How much did you have to fold it? Does this have the potential to cause damage?

Frank

Of course it fits through the doors, how else did you think we got it in there with the windshield and back glass installed. LOL. You just need to fold it so the c-pillars clear, and no you will not damage it at all. I will probably make a how to video like I have for the fastback, but it is so simple a 10 year old could do this by himself.

Rich, how will the back glass area be trimmed out? Are you going to have it cut to fit such that it will tuck under the window weatherstripping?

"sigtauenus" said:
Rich, how will the back glass area be trimmed out? Are you going to have it cut to fit such that it will tuck under the window weatherstripping?

The first time we installed it I had the gasket around the headliner,and was impressed on how well it fit. Since it was 1/2 inch to long in the front we thought we could trim 1/2 inch off the back and slide it back, that's why you don't see the gasket around the headliner. That of course did not work. When it is done you really shouldn't have to do any trimming.

This is not right at all. Aftermarket parts for our Mustangs that actually fit. :sarc

Impressive video...

:kneel

fd

I don't recall anyone asking, so, how tightly does this fit against the inner roof? I assume there is adequate space for something like Dynamat and the stock insulation piece?

Headliner is done. We did one final fit on Monday, and got the trim lines marked. We will start running them the first of the week. ^5-66 fastback is next. We are going to install the 67 coupe in the 66 coupe and see how close it is.

"mustangstofear" said:
Headliner is done. We did one final fit on Monday, and got the trim lines marked. We will start running them the first of the week. ^5-66 fastback is next. We are going to install the 67 coupe in the 66 coupe and see how close it is.

I am patiently waiting on the fastback one...... :pbj

We just did a test fit of the 67-68 coupe headliner in a 66 coupe, and it fits, so 65-68 coupe headliners are the same and are ready to start shipping. We only need to make a couple of adjustments for the 65-66 fastback and they will be done soon. :yah

Here are the mock up pics for the 65-68 coupes. Keep in mind these are mock up ones and not cleaned up for ad pics. Cost will be the same as the fastbacks even though they cost a little more to make. 349.95 for regular and 699.95 for the built in console version.

DSC09780.jpg

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back