• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

"mustangstofear" said:
We desperately need a 67 or 68 coupe in my shop to test fit the headliner. I have plenty of fastbacks from 65...

No reason to wait for one then, with that '65 FB ready to go, hint, hint. :)

I had the headliner for about 30 minutes, before the salesman from the boxing company picked it up. I might try to contact one of the mustangs clubs here in Indiana.

I should have been looking for a coupe for the install a long time ago. I figured since we had the coupe roof that we made the mold off of that would be enough. Since we take care of the freight if there is a problem, I would hate to send them all over the world, and have to pay the freight back, if they still needed to be tweaked.

We finally found a coupe to test fit the headliner in, he is about 90 miles away in Illinois. He will be down Monday with the car. I now have to do a full blown turn key restoration on the car.

"mustangstofear" said:
We finally found a coupe to test fit the headliner in, he is about 90 miles away in Illinois. He will be down Monday with the car. I now have to do a full blown turn key restoration on the car.

Heck, I would have driven my car out there in a heartbeat if it meant a full restoration! :thu

Frank

I just received my 'vert headliner, and let me tell you, it fits like a dream! Good job, guys! I love it!

"rsalway" said:
Rich,

I am closer than that with a 67 coupe if you're doing a restoration too. :roll

You should have called LOL. This should turn out to be a very nice Restomod. He is coming with our MTF SR nose our 67 hood lower scoops, he will also be getting the rear spoiler with end caps and the 68 tail light panel, finished off with our rear valance.

The coupe showed up this morning, we will install it Wednesday evening with the windshield and backglass still in it, with plenty of pictures :thu

"rsalway" said:
Rich,

I am closer than that with a 67 coupe if you're doing a restoration too. :roll
I probably would have pushed my car down for that deal... :pbj maybe a car full of cheese curds and beer? :confu

"S8NS 289" said:
I probably would have pushed my car down for that deal... :pbj maybe a car full of cheese curds and beer? :confu

I do love a good hunk of cheese. LOL. When I ripped out the old headliner the mice had built condo's in there, I hate mice. I should have a bunch of pictures tonight.

We got some mock up pics of the coupe headliner installed. Keep in mind the headliner is a test part so it's not super clean. It went in real easy. We just had to fold it up like a taco to fit it in the door. It is actually 1/2" too long in the front so we need to adjust for shrinkage of material. It went in really easy and took about 5 minutes. At least we are getting closer to being done. It can take two or three attempts before getting it exact.

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09780.jpg

DSC09778.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet!!!!

Looking really good.
I am in full salivating mode now!
This will look really really sharp in my 68

RME

Back