• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

Rich,
Looking at the pics for the 67-68 fastback headliner, I see some prominent (1/2" mayb) holes in front of the rear glass and some smaller (1/8" maybe) ones right in front of the glass and two more by the door (might be a dimple vice a hole).

Can you describe what they are for? I'd like to use both the coat hooks and the upper seat belt mounting points, and was wondering if those are drilled (you mentioned earlier the coat hooks are not) or if they are marked in any way to easily locate them?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam we have small dimples in the rear to hold the back up and there are 2 on each side for your seat belt, also 2 in the front for the sun visors, but we didn't do any for the coat hangers. They shouldn't be hard to locate. On the coupe headliner we will have a scribe line on the back side that they can cut out if they still want a dome light.

OK, that answers the question, thanks Rich.

You can expect me to order one with a console sometime around late May 2012. Also the one piece rear trim panel.

I'll be sure to check out what else is new on your website then before I place that order.

Just as soon as I have the 67-68 coupe headliner in my hot little hands, the 65 fastback goes on the rotisserie to fit it for the headliner. It should go pretty fast because it almost fits, so it won't take that much to tweak it.

"mustangstofear" said:
Just as soon as I have the 67-68 coupe headliner in my hot little hands, the 65 fastback goes on the rotisserie to fit it for the headliner. It should go pretty fast because it almost fits, so it won't take that much to tweak it.

Not that I am ready yet, but I am thinking it will save me a bunch of work as long as I can cover it with a suede kind of material.

Thanks,

Mel

"mustangstofear" said:

How soon might it be ready. I am at the point of needing to make a decision, so a time frame for the 65 fastback liner would be appreciated.

Rich,
One more question from me on this. I thought I asked it before but don't see it in this thread.

How much space is there between this headliner and the roof? I have some sound deadener in there that is butyl based, 1/8" thick or so, a closed cell foam layer, 1/8" or so, and a matting layer that is about 3/8-1/2" or so. I 'm sure the matting layer will compress down to at most 1/4" thick or so. I'd likely need about a 3/8"-1/2" gap to work with.

Thanks,
Sam

"janschutz" said:
Another question.

Can I use my current overhead console or do you have one version with it molded in?
for a coupe... right?
I know he has the molded-in one for FB

We have 3/4 of an inch, what I do is put a layer of fat mat then a piece of 1/2 carpet padding glued to the fat mat. It's as quite as a church mouse. Since our headliner flows with the curve of the roof you can't use a stock console, you would have a huge gap, that's how we gained 2 1/2 inches of head room.

"mustangstofear" said:
We have 3/4 of an inch, what I do is put a layer of fat mat then a piece of 1/2 carpet padding glued to the fat mat. It's as quite as a church mouse. Since our headliner flows with the curve of the roof you can't use a stock console, you would have a huge gap, that's how we gained 2 1/2 inches of head room.

Thanks for the reply. Even if I need to ditch the overhead console, the extra headroom is worth it.

"kb3" said:
How soon might it be ready. I am at the point of needing to make a decision, so a time frame for the 65 fastback liner would be appreciated.

hmmm...mine did not elicit a reply?

"sigtauenus" said:
Our questions are answerable with facts.

Yours requires a guess or conjecture if its not ready today.

Yes....but any business should have a plan in place. When a statement is made such as "go pretty fast" and "wont' take much time" one could only assume there is an actual plan in place. Also, when a prospective customer asks a legitimate question, it is only good customer service to answer it. By failing to answer, I feel I may be better served by one the many more Mustang vendors in the world. It only takes one bad experience to lose a customer, it takes years of good experiences to retain one.

just my two cents.........

"kb3" said:
Yes....but any business should have a plan in place. When a statement is made such as "go pretty fast" and "wont' take much time" one could only assume there is an actual plan in place. Also, when a prospective customer asks a legitimate question, it is only good customer service to answer it. By failing to answer, I feel I may be better served by one the many more Mustang vendors in the world. It only takes one bad experience to lose a customer, it takes years of good experiences to retain one.

just my two cents.........

+1 :thu

"kb3" said:
hmmm...mine did not elicit a reply?

I think I answered it on post # 84. The 65-66 fastback will be next. I wished I could give a time frame, this coupe headliner took over a year. As I stated before the 65 is very close to fitting, so it will only take minor tweaking to make a new mold. If I had to guess at a date, which I hate to do , it could take 90 days. Then we still have to do the coupes for those models. We have just as many people wanting them for the 69-70 models. Rich

"mustangstofear" said:
I think I answered it on post # 84. The 65-66 fastback will be next. I wished I could give a time frame, this coupe headliner took over a year. As I stated before the 65 is very close to fitting, so it will only take minor tweaking to make a new mold. If I had to guess at a date, which I hate to do , it could take 90 days. Then we still have to to the coupes for those models. We have just as many people wanting them for the 69-70 models. Rich

That is all I was asking for...a guess works for me!

Thanks

Back