• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project POS '67 Coupe

daveSanborn

I can't believe that I'm venturing down this road..... again.

Responding to a tip provided through Blue65Coupe (Duane), I agreed to help out a fellow enthusiast and take his '67 6cyl Coupe off of his hands.

Thanks Duane. The car is a POS.

It has rust in some of the usual places, but not all of them. Oddly, it has rust in places I've never seen rusted before. Structurally, it's fairly sound. There's a couple small spots of rot on the forward frame rails, but the rest of the frame rails seem solid. It loaded onto and off of the trailer without breaking in half.... better than the last "free" '67 faired so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Other than the front seats, the gas tank and radiator, the car is complete.

It was dark by the time I got home and off-loaded the car so I'll get pictures during daylight hours tomorrow.

It's fitting that this is Halloween weekend... as this car is pretty scary.

It's parked under the carport under a car cover. The car cover came with the car and is probably the best part of the whole deal. I'm curious how long it will go un-noticed by the teenage daughter.

is this the "free to good home" car? If you decide to part it out, let me know. I need a doner for a trailer before the Power Tour!

Cant be that bad for free. If it passes the load and unload test, youre off to a good start!

I'm jealous as hell Dave. The last free thing that I got was a $10 off coupon to victorias secret. Bonnie snagged it up to use this weekend and left me empy handed.

Wait; The more I think about it, I'm not going to complain... :naug

:pop :pop Cant wait to see pictures! Well, regardless of its present condtions, I'm sure that YOU can get this Stang up and running!

Congratulations on the score Dave.

Maybe you can provide us with some technical write ups as you make your way to final product.

"daveSanborn" said:
Thanks Duane. The car is a POS.

Present condition being a fb and you would've called it a hidden gem...and I haven't even seen the thing. Glad you "helped" somebody out. Get some pics up.

Dave is hiding the car from his daughter so no pics..... Once she sees it, there will be no peace at the Sanborn household until it is done...

It's been one day: it should be finished by now! C'mon Dave...where are the finished pictures?

Ahhhhh yes, the "nick system of restoration". I did hear there was a shortage of Great Stuff in the Carolinas.....

"daveSanborn" said:
It was dark by the time I got home and off-loaded the car so I'll get pictures during daylight hours tomorrow.
:wtf Has it been dark down there for a couple days or what?!

I think Nick was from Sacramento, but maybe he put a dent on their national distribution and they are to ship it all to his driveway. Let see some pics Dave.

I swung by Dave's house the other day to check it out since most of you know I want the back half to make a trailer. I was hoping to talk him into selling the rear half to me. He wasn't home but I shot a photo.
!BW1qO-wB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLlzPB1BKZSKSolnw~~_12.JPG

I went by again today hoping to catch him and I saw this in the same spot in the driveway. There was a rental dumpster full of empty Great Stuff cans at the curb...
!B,ZZN4w!2k~$(KGrHqYH-DMEp(3pFS!MBKrUBpmp+w~~_12.JPG

also looked like he laid some sod in the yard and paved his driveway, busy guy!

I wonder if this was before or after he did his parachute running in the back yard........

"tarafied1" said:
I swung by Dave's house the other day to check it out since most of you know I want the back half to make a trailer. I was hoping to talk him into selling the rear half to me. He wasn't home but I shot a photo.
!BW1qO-wB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLlzPB1BKZSKSolnw~~_12.JPG

I went by again today hoping to catch him and I saw this in the same spot in the driveway. There was a rental dumpster full of empty Great Stuff cans at the curb...
!B,ZZN4w!2k~$(KGrHqYH-DMEp(3pFS!MBKrUBpmp+w~~_12.JPG

also looked like he laid some sod in the yard and paved his driveway, busy guy!

LMFAO!!!!!! TOO Funny Craig!

Back