• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project POS '67 Coupe

You guys are gonna be surprised when he finally comes in from "restoring" that car in a few days!

I heard he was in direct contact with nick for step by step application processes of the Great Stuff....

yeah but when Nick posts the step by step procedure and cautions Dave against possible issues, Dave just ignores him and does what he was doing already.

Sorry for the delay. I took the aforementioned pictures as promised on a nice sunny Saturday morning.

But then I had stuff to do and didn't get around to loading up the pics til now.

HalloweenWeekend001.jpg

HalloweenWeekend002.jpg

HalloweenWeekend003.jpg

HalloweenWeekend004.jpg

HalloweenWeekend005.jpg

HalloweenWeekend006.jpg

HalloweenWeekend007.jpg

HalloweenWeekend008.jpg

HalloweenWeekend009.jpg

HalloweenWeekend010.jpg

HalloweenWeekend011.jpg

HalloweenWeekend012.jpg

HalloweenWeekend013.jpg

HalloweenWeekend014.jpg

I dunno guys.... this one may be better off not saving. It's a nothing special 6cyl Coupe. I may just sit on it for a while and hope that something a little better comes along.

It's been 4 days and the daughter still hasn't noticed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the damage on the windshield pillars, the cowl, and frame, and the floors, I think this car is like your "tree-code" car of a few years back: a parts car. It's too far gone to save.

"Midlife" said:
With the damage on the windshield pillars, the cowl, and frame, and the floors, I think this car is like your "tree-code" car of a few years back: a parts car. It's too far gone to save.
:wstup thats going to be big bucks to save :$$$ :$$$ maybe craig could use the back half....

"lethal289" said:
:wstup thats going to be big bucks to save :$$$ :$$$ maybe craig could use the back half....
yeah! looks a perfect canditate for a trailer... want a 57 Chevy?

So whats the call Dave? Let her die or bring her back to life?

I don't see repairing the car to be worth the effort. Honestly, I don't see it being worth the effort to making a trailer out of it either. Aside from that one frame rail spot under the battery, the rest of the frame rails are solid, but it needs a LOT of sheetmetal work. A better candidate will come along, they always seem to.

Craig, if you can figure out a way to get it, you can have it! Within the next week or two I can remove the drivetrain and section the car any way you see fit.

Once again, Dave names something the way it deserves to be named. :ecit I think the roof rot pretty well condemns it...we all know Dave would never bother to re-roof a coupe. :skull :rofl Wait, most anyone else would junk it too. :rofl

Dave,
I'd love to come and get it. If you just want to leave it as a shell, that would be cool with me! Whatever is left that you don't want/need. I have access to a flat bed car hauling trailer I can put it on to bring home. Just let me know when your done stipping it and I'll schedule some time to come out.
I'm thinking I'll buy a small utility trailer from Harbor freight to set the rear half on so I won't need the roof or most of the floor... but it might be easier to wait and cut it up when I have a better plan. I'll even give ya somethin' for it.

Craig,

Easy come, easy go. I wouldn't allow you to "give me something for it".

The fenders, hood and deck lid are all just resting on the car. The only items to remove requiring tools/time will be the doors, front/rear suspension and the engine/transmission. I have nothing going on this weekend so I'll make it a point to have the car stripped down by close of business on Sunday. I don't necessarily want the rear 4 lug suspension. I can remove it for you or leave it on, it makes no difference to me.

Just thinking out loud....

The Coupe is currently parked under my "$699 Installed!" carport. To park it there, I booted Joe's '57 F100 daily driver to a non-covered parking spot in front of the garage. It's in his best interest to have his covered parking spot back. Joe has to be in Winston/Salem for his state EMT exam on Saturday, Nov. 14th. Knowing him, he'll want to use my Dodge truck for the 4-5 hour each way drive. I'll verify this with him this evening. "If" he's going to be using my truck and "if" that weekend is good for you..... I can section the car however you want and depending on how big the rear half of the car ends up being either load it onto my trailer or sit it in the back of the truck. It would take 10 hours off of your drive time not to have to drive all the way to the coast. You could just meet up with him Sat. after he's finished with his testing and transfer the rear half of the car from one trailer to the other. I'm just thinking out loud here.... I'm not 100% on his plans or yours, but I know he needs to be there on the 14th.

Let me know what you're thinking,
Dave

that might work (the 14th). If you want the front suspension, I have most of the old stuff off my 67. That way we could just keep the shell as a roller to make it easy to transfer? I can even ship stuff back to you if there is a part you want that I don't have. Just a thought, save you some work and make it easy to move around.

I wanted the front suspension only for a few of the parts... the spindles mainly, but the centerlink and tie rod adjusters might prove to be needed later down the road.

If you could swap out these parts with me, I'd be happy to leave it a roller car for you.

Are you sure you don't want me to just cut off the back half for you? It really isn't any trouble at all. Just get me the cut points and it'll be done. I don't envision the rear half of the car weighing more than 200 pounds (sans rearend). If I leave the rearend connected in place, it'll still roll around somewhat.

It's really up to you Craig, whatever you want buddy!

Craig,

I spoke to Joe about which vehicle he'd be driving to Winston/Salem and he and his GF are taking her late model Mustang. I couldn't convince him to use my truck and pull the shell to W/S. It figures. If I'd have wanted him to take her car, he'd have wanted to use my truck. He's used my truck for every other long distance drive for the last year and hasn't so much as offered to wash it upon it's return..... and now that I need him to do something for me while he's using it he's not interested. I removed the option of him using my truck, permanently. It is what it is.

Dave, it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to start cutting. Anyone else hear a plasma cutter getting fired up?

Back