• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seats, opinions?

Dne'

Hi!
I had bought these seats awhile back but they're starting to come apart at the seams and my gosh, there is a terrible smell coming from the one that has a rip down the center of the seat, like mildew or a moldy odor. I told Gary that I refuse to drive because of the odor!

I'm thinking, maybe to take these apart down to the frame and have custom seat covers made to kind of match the color of my stang, like maybe the vinyl piping could be the color that would match.

However, maybe some aftermarket seats may be an option too! However the present seats are kind of comfortable, but my hubby gripes not having reclining capability.
Any thoughts here, and where would one seek having covers made?
; )

IMG_7895.jpg

I have always likes the '99-'04 Mustang GT seats. Easy to modify for mounting to fit and comfortable, leaning more towards the '03/04 ones.

We use the 94-98 GT seats, they look and feel great. and TMI custom makes the seat covers to look like a 67 style seat, how cool is that.

Oh!! Y'all wouldn't happen to have a photo or two of these seats installed? I'm going to start looking right now!

Procar elite

Ive spent way too much time looking at seats this morning! Lol. I looked all the mentioned above, then came across the procar elite series, and it looks really nice, sporty, etc, from jegs is 691 total to my door with the correct sliders. I already have seat belts, so no concern there. I hope I wouldn't have to modify anything, kind of burned out on Making things fit. I'd like to bolt the seats in and drive my mustang. I'd just hope they're comfortable and not too hard on the cushiony side.
What say you My mustang buddies?
; )

I would be concerned on the side bolsters on those seats. Being on the slightly large size, I did not like the original seats JohnPro had in the 66. The bolsters have a bar thru them and that made it hard to get in and out. Ask Midlife about trying to work around them too. That bar hits your side hard when looking under the dash for any reason.

I can't say how they fit and feel in my '66 yet.. but I have some leather 2000 mustang seats I'm going to be putting in it. They shouldn't be too bad. I mean I have the same kind of seats (except cloth) in my 03 Mustang and I love'em. Nice and comfy and my big ol butt fits great in them! :beer

Attachments

• 54528_1683048883453_1454543721_1685201_3831242_o.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 114
"cmayna" said:
Well shiattt, lose some weight and you would fit right in.

lol Forgot to add.....my wife (much smaller than I) disliked the seats for the same reason.....

Actually,
I originally got some of those seats back when I was restoring Red and the daughter disliked them so we went stock.

Many BMW's have the big bolster design and that is the first part that shows wear marks.

Kat, I was looking at those seats you mentioned and they do look comfy! I've had a couple sets of seats in the past that I had bought(E36 BMW, and 78 stang seats, just burned out fitting stuff! The E36 Beemer seats look similar to these seats, guess that's why I'm drawn to the looks of these. I was also running into the problem of seats to fit Gary as well! lol

3753facd.jpg

To fit the 99-04 seats, it involves drilling a couple holes and maybe a spacer/washer stack and install. Took me less than an hour or so the last time. Search around here as there are several posts on the conversion. Another nice thing is some models have lumbar support that can be wired to work.

Dne, if you want to see how the 99-04 seats feel, I don't live that far. I'd be happy bring one of the black leather ones down or you can just sit/ride around in my '03 Mustang and see how the seats feel since it's the same kind.

There is a difference in the V6 vs GT seats. Even the V6 leather upgrade seats have a different foam. The GT seats have nice bolstering where the V6 seats are more of a flat base. I have had both and there are pics in past threads on here too. Kats seats are the GT type.

The Mach 1 seats are sharp from 04 too...just harder to find.

Kat, that's ok, I trust your judgement! Ok got on the only place I know to look, other than CL, I snapped a shot of the only 99-04 seats that are on eBay, this a photo, not the link, can't figure how to use this iPad yet! There's a little wear on the drivers side bolster, but look ok I guess.
Can't even find a photo of the Mach seats Pete.

300 plus 150 s/h

271b33d8.jpg

Average price....I think it was B&R Salvage in Atlanta that I got mine...(404) 768-0023. Found them on E-bay originally.....dealt over the phone. Good place.

Not to hijack, but has anyone used 05-11 Mustang GT seats? Is there a difference compared to the 99-04 as for as mounting?

Ryan, thats ok! Welcome to my thread :bowdown!
I'm just spending time calling around to salvage yards to see if I can locate some seats.

:sm_NTA
"RyanG85" said:
Not to hijack, but has anyone used 05-11 Mustang GT seats? Is there a difference compared to the 99-04 as for as mounting?

"RyanG85" said:

A radically different mounting system, and those seats aren't nearly as comfortable as earlier models.

Back