• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seats, opinions?

"mustangstofear" said:
We should have some shortly, the 67 coupe we are building is getting them. The customer is 6 ft, 4 inches, that is a big boy. so we put 69 seat pans to gain another 1 1/2 head room plus our headliner for another 2 1/2 inches. We also will be moving the seat pans back.

I did not know the 69 seat pans gave that much extra room (1 1/2) as I was planning on lowering my seat Pans also on my 1968 Mustang.

RME

I don't know how you can just bolt 99-04 seat with older tracks unless they are the non power models. Mine are power and had to lower the pan and fab up the seat brackets to make them fit as the oem seats are ~2" taller than 65-66 seats

So when I had the seats from 69-70 cougar, we're the seats taller than earlier model seats? This photo was taken a few years ago, test fitting the old crappy seats that I had. So this seat in the year model it came out of originally sat lower on its seat pan? I always thought they were fairly comfortable.

IMG_7776.jpg

neat console~

thanks! that console was one of the best n simple things I've purchased! My husband would always spill his water or cola(making me very unhappy). It's as close to factory as one can get without spending a great deal of money! Plus it comes out in a split second to clean! ; )

"copasspupil" said:
Btw. Nice console. Like just like mine

Pics of seats

A few more photos. I guess the only thing that kind of bothers me, on the passenger seat at the top right (sitting in the seat), the vinyl is kind of not smooth or wrinkled a bit. I'm going to take my hair dryer to it and see if it will smooth out a little, otherwise the seats are comfy and easy to adjust and the reclining mechanism works smoothly., oh and the adjustable headrests are really great! With the aftermarket console in place, the P seat is limited in forward travel, not a biggy, and the seats may sit just a tad high, but I'm kind of tall 5'9" with long legs but again I'll get used to that. It does seem the seats should be able to go a little further back, but i didnt really look into that. Unfortunately, the smell from the old seats still kind of lingers despite using Febrize, hopefully that smell will fade with time :shrug. So that's kind of my mini report; )

27dc4a45.jpg

391f8e77.jpg

eb6bb322.jpg

Re: Pics of seats

"Dne'" said:
A few more photos. I guess the only thing that kind of bothers me, on the passenger seat at the top right (sitting in the seat), the vinyl is kind of not smooth or wrinkled a bit. I'm going to take my hair dryer to it and see if it will smooth out a little, otherwise the seats are comfy and easy to adjust and the reclining mechanism works smoothly., oh and the adjustable headrests are really great! With the aftermarket console in place, the P seat is limited in forward travel, not a biggy, and the seats may sit just a tad high, but I'm kind of tall 5'9" with long legs but again I'll get used to that. It does seem the seats should be able to go a little further back, but i didnt really look into that. Unfortunately, the smell from the old seats still kind of lingers despite using Febrize, hopefully that smell will fade with time :shrug. So that's kind of my mini report; )

We bought the same seats for my son's 65. I have returned 2 passenger seats due to the same wrinkling of the vinyl on the top corner. One was worse than yours, the other was better. The driver seat was not perfect, but good enough to live with. I am awaiting Mustangs Plus to get another passenger seat in stock. They were making sure that Procar was aware of the situation.

As for forward/backward travel, on the 65 the mounting adapter could be mounted in one of two ways. It would allow the seat to sit further forward, or if reversed, would give a couple of inches more of rearward travel.

Re: Pics of seats

You'd think Procar would have a little better quality control. I bought mine through Jegs as they did have the best price. I can live with the blem but maybe I should inform Jegs about it. I'm hoping a little heat may remove a little of it. If it were a show quality car, I would be more picky and for go through the hassle of shipping it back.

"kb3" said:
We bought the same seats for my son's 65. I have returned 2 passenger seats due to the same wrinkling of the vinyl on the top corner. One was worse than yours, the other was better. The driver seat was not perfect, but good enough to live with. I am awaiting Mustangs Plus to get another passenger seat in stock. They were making sure that Procar was aware of the situation.

As for forward/backward travel, on the 65 the mounting adapter could be mounted in one of two ways. It would allow the seat to sit further forward, or if reversed, would give a couple of inches more of rearward travel.

If it's still a little smelly inside from the old seats, try placing a bowl of white vinegar in the car overnight. Of course then you'll have a car that smells like vinegar. lol The next day place a few dryer sheets in the car and/or febreeze to help clear up the vinegar smell.

I'll try that Kat~

Thanks Kat, I'll try that! or after I buy some white vinegar that is! lol

"Kats66Pny" said:
If it's still a little smelly inside from the old seats, try placing a bowl of white vinegar in the car overnight. Of course then you'll have a car that smells like vinegar. lol The next day place a few dryer sheets in the car and/or febreeze to help clear up the vinegar smell.

With that option.....you could drag a dead skunk thru it....then just have to get rid of the skunk smell .....no problem.

Dne'.....did you ever consider that the rear seat may be causing the stink to still be there?

"AzPete" said:
Dne'.....did you ever consider that the rear seat may be causing the stink to still be there?

Or the carpet, or dash, or door panels, headliner, or wiring... Maybe its time for another restoration.

"Kats66Pny" said:
If it's still a little smelly inside from the old seats, try placing a bowl of white vinegar in the car overnight. Of course then you'll have a car that smells like vinegar. lol

There's a joke in there, but I'm not gonna touch it......

Vinegar & Bleach kills smells. Its a trick most pet owners know. But you don't want to bleach car interior, so using vinegar will absorb odors and the smell (of vinegar) goes away within a day. Citrus too, but vinegar works faster and better.

There's a joke in there, but I'm not gonna touch it......

:char

I'm just so sure ( or thought I was sure) that it came from the old front seats!, bit maybe the transfer of smell absorbed into the materials? Soon I'd like to take out the rear seat and rear package tray and have the windows tinted, now that would look great! And with all the stuff out of the stang, I could really deodorize the inside!

"lethal289" said:
Or the carpet, or dash, or door panels, headliner, or wiring... Maybe its time for another restoration.

Go buy a boat store - they sell these packets that absorb moisture and odor for boat storage. I even think there is a product that looks like a cat food can, and has a substance inside (looks like candle wax), and you just place this can under your seat to absorb odors.

Odor Jeanie eh?

That'd be way too easy, I think I need to take everything out of my stang, NOT!
Thank you for chiming in on that product, it'd be worth a try! ; )

"mmw68" said:
9382417.jpg

Odor Genie??

Update: ordered two of them off of Amazon, about 4.50 each, of course s/h was 5 bucks! Lol thanks for the tip! It had many good reviews too! ; )

Back