• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seats, opinions?

That was very nice of you to search for these! ; ). I remember those seats and that thread, my brain is working somewhat guess! Those are some really nice seats for sure! Not big bulky seats. I guess my seats that I have at the moment are rather large for such a small car, especially when someone sits in the back seat. Though the stock (original)seats that came with my stang aren't the most comfortable, they don't take up a great deal of room! And the ones with the built in headrest look pretty neat. But looking for the Cush factor seems ever so important as my suspension doesn't seem to absorb the bumps, craters,valleys, etc, down our city roads despite being all new with roller perches!
; )

quote author=lethal289 link=topic=14628.msg180906#msg180906 date=1321238772]
after a search... It was lastdeadlast,

http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/inde ... #msg148393
[/quote]

I've used procar seats (scat) for years in all my project cars/trucks. Either the elite or ralley. They are priced right, about $250 each, and you can get free shipping if you play your cards right from Summit. I've driven cross country in my land cruiser and I have the Elite seats in it. The mustang got the Ralley style.

seats2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MMW68

I came within inches of giving my debit card number to jegs for a set of procar elite's! Came out to a totoal of 690.oo for the set including the adapters and s/h. I think the elites on sale priwasps 266 each. Why did you not put elites in your stang? Are they too hard? The seats you have shown are beautiful!!

"mmw68" said:
I've used procar seats (scat) for years in all my project cars/trucks. Either the elite or ralley. They are priced right, about $250 each, and you can get free shipping if you play your cards right from Summit. I've driven cross country in my land cruiser and I have the Elite seats in it. The mustang got the Ralley style.

seats2.jpg

I decided the to go with the Ralley look in the mustang. And procar has a matching rear cover for this style.

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

seats_1.jpg

Dne' - both seats are comfortable. But if you are big boned, or have a fat butt - the sports seats of the ralley are kind of narrow.

They do hug you better with the big bolsters, kind of like a racing seat. Both seats are firm, but comfertiable, and I've driven several hours in each, so it's really a toss up on style and butt size. I've had some larger passengers in the mustang, and they complain about the bolsters. I just tell them to Shut up and loose weight! :thu

Why not do a search on autotrader or something, find some car dealers with the cars that have the year seats you are thinking of and just go sit in them in a car. Then you can track down the style you like after you have tried them. There has to be a good amount of mustangs in those years for sale around you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I want the procar seats!!

Cant thank you enough for the pics and opinions :wor!! I guess I'd go with the Elite cause of Garys larger buttocks and thighs! Lol we're more like Fred and Wilma Flintstone!lol

I took my seats out of the stang and vacuumed up the foam debri, it was a mess! I lost my smell today due to a plugged nose. I took all the material off of the drivers seat(bottom only), thinking again about new upholstery, but OMG, that was a PITA! There is no way I'm going to re- upholster these seats!! Actually the spring and frame was in pretty decent shape! Hats off to the good folk that do upholstery :wor!

When Gary gets home, I'm going to wrestle him down on the floor and make him buy those Elite seats for my stang tonight while theyre still on sale! I'm tired of messing around wasting time when I have plenty of other things to do!
Let cha know what happens!

later that evening ;
Well, he wants me to look at the set on CL, the ones with a rip in the seat, so going to look at those wednesday. Pete thought maybe to offer the guy 125 and go from there. So I'll report back then. Tomorrow I can go by a local upholstery shop and get an estimate on what it would cost to have the rip repaired, showing whomsoever this photo.

520f9572.jpg

quote author=mmw68 link=topic=14628.msg180977#msg180977 date=1321299620]
Elite_sketch.gif

Rally_51_sketch.gif

[/quote]

FYI...these are Corbeau Sport Seats....they were just to narrow for my size plus the bolster made any work under the dash painful after a min. or so. .
170_02_06_10_7_16_24_2.jpg

Ooo wow, I was looking at those just today while looking for seats, really neat, but pricey! However, anything cool is pricey eh?
I just edited my last post Pete. Going to go look at the seats I sent you a photo of. Gary wants me to at least take a peek.

"AzPete" said:
FYI...these are Corbeau Sport Seats....they were just to narrow for my size plus the bolster made any work under the dash painful after a min. or so. .
170_02_06_10_7_16_24_2.jpg
520f9572.jpg

Not a bad idea to look.... Have you looked into recovering prices locally? Take cash....use the charms....might get by for a decent price.....

I haven't looked for any reupholstering place nearby, but will look tomorrow .iif someone can repair the seat for a reasonable price going by this one photo that I have, then I'll be better armed when I actually see the seats to make an offer to take the seats for a lowball price, if at all. The man told me he could get the seat fixed for 75, but I find that difficult to believe. Theres quite a bit of work just taking the seat apart to get to the area of concern! You stated approximately 4 hours for both seats, so maybe one seat would be 2 hours at whatever flat rate per hour they may go by(80 per hour?).

quote author=AzPete link=topic=14628.msg181028#msg181028 date=1321321461]
Not a bad idea to look.... Have you looked into recovering prices locally? Take cash....use the charms....might get by for a decent price.....
[/quote]

"Dne'" said:
The man told me he could get the seat fixed for 75, but I find that difficult to believe.

You're right - if he gets it done for $75, it won't really be fixed.

Unofficial quote for seat repair

I contacted a recommended upholstery shop nearby, from the photo he quoted 150-200 for repair using the rear seat out of that same stang as the doner material. I wasn't going to use the rear seat anyway. So now it's just a matter of meeting with the seller this evening and making a decision. Gary will be with me, if I know him, he'll take one look at the seat, then say, let's buy that new procar seat! Lol but he may surprise me! :part

Back to the drawing board!

Gary and I went to look at the seats, but they were in worse shape then I thought, or you know how photos are. So tomorrow I'll be heading to the salvage yards that I know of. Maybe they can point me in the right direction.

I've had enough!

I spent the better part of this morning in junk yards only to find some crappy seats. The salvage yard people communicate with many other yards, and I went to see the ones they found,but weren't any good. LSS, I ordered the Procar Elite seats and they should be here Friday, just in time for the weekend! :yah
:bowdown I thank everyone for the wonderful advice and opinions!! :wor
I'll post photos of the new seats when I get them installed.
Dne'

Procars installed!

The Procars Elites from Jegs arrived quickly and boxed very nicely. The adapters for the 67 mustang came in two separate boxes. I'm very pleased with the seats! The only thing I did to make the install more like the original was to weld in carriage bolts that would go through the seat platform like the original, so it took a little longer, plus the setup didn't come with bolts to affix it to the seat pans anyway! So nothing like a trip to Ace hardware to save the day! The seats recline nicely of which Gary is happy! I'll take better photos when the weather gets nicer.
Again, thanks to all!!! :yah. Now just excited to drive it!
Dne'

87e13a86.jpg

Oh the mesh in the photo is the mesh in my welding table, not part of the seat adapter! I welded the carriage bolts in from underneath to make a clean look followed by some black paint, not that anyone other than me will ever see the work done!
a7f9fccd.jpg

Back