• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did she say?

Couldn't find the house. It's definitely not where the Eleanor Registry shows it to be. That's a very affluent area of Fair Oaks, and there's no way that Nick's house in that development and no way the residents of those houses would allow someone to build a car in the front yard of a house next to their $400,000 houses.

The address on the UPS box does say Fair Oaks, CA, so it's close to where the registry says it is, but not quite.

If I can find more info to go on, I'll try again.

Johnny the stalker.....er private eye? All you need to do is find the house and when the weather is perfect and we'd expect to see him working on the ghost car....grab the camera.

But I must warn you, if you google gt500916, you'll see that this guy is into guns. He might have his arsenal by his side as you cruise by.

John, I found this comment on another forum "Im over by madison/dewey area."

While looking through this stuff I found this at the top of his blog

"MY ELEANOR GT500 PROJECT #2 FOR SALE $109,000 once completed."

Are you kidding me? I need to build me a couple of these.

Maybe we should combine this thread with Del65's rally thread. We can put together a Nor Cal rally to find Nick's Sleezeanor.....

"Sleezeanor"

Priceless :rofl

Damit, now I'm just being petty cause I didn't "get any" this morning.

"AzPete" said:
The registry had two addresses listed, one for the '67, one for the '68.

Yeah. I only checked the area for the '68, since that's what he's building now, and it's much closer to the Madison/Dewey area.

What's wierd about that link is that his The ad shows a complete 67 and the title says:

1967 Ford Mustang ELEANOR GT500 Shelby Fastback
This project was started on 5/5/09 it is scheduled to be complete by Nov 2009. The price of $109,000 is for a complete Eleanor with everything identical to the movie Eleanor car.

Yet it is a 68. Yes, he somewhat clarify's it later in the paragraph but still......

"cmayna" said:
What's wierd about that link is that his The ad shows a complete 67 and the title says:

1967 Ford Mustang ELEANOR GT500 Shelby Fastback
This project was started on 5/5/09 it is scheduled to be complete by Nov 2009. The price of $109,000 is for a complete Eleanor with everything identical to the movie Eleanor car.

Yet it is a 68. Yes, he somewhat clarify's it later in the paragraph but still......

I also like how he says it will have roller cams. The first time I thought it was a typo. The second time, makes me think he doesn't know shit about engines, since that engine has one cam and it's not a roller (or at least it's not using roller lifters).

Guys, dont forget that this is the guy that had his rearend rebuilt without removing the pumpkin.....in the pics there is grease and dirt all over the tread on the bolts. So Dave and myself asked the question......Rebuild? :wtf

"Got it fully rebuilt, with new bearings and everything, installed new 3.55 gears, and new trac-loc posi"

Got this answer....

"well they probably put the 3.55 gears and the tac-loc and everything else through where the shafts go, cuz it didnt have posi and now it has posi, and they did use new seal, that i trimmed during the cleaning process, lets all not panic "

Quotes taken from his build tread on the Eleanor forum.....

http://eleanorinspired1967mustangfastback.yuku.com/topic/1766

I changed my rear to a "posi" by just pouring a bottle of true-trac down the driver side axle tube.

:crazy

With all the listings and sites he has this stuff on, he must have a couple of people posting for him so he can build his car......I am impressed..........NOT.

so if I can get Rick to sell me his 3.70 gears I should install them thru the drivers side axle tube and not the passenger side?

BTW I asked him if I can come by and see the car on my next business trip to Kali, we'll see if he responds with an address... two other guys in Sacramento PM'd me with their addresses so I can see their cars! All from my request on his thread.

"tarafied1" said:
so if I can get Rick to sell me his 3.70 gears I should install them thru the drivers side axle tube and not the passenger side?

Correct, they'll slide right in, but only from the drivers side. The pass side tube has the wrong taper for it to work!

"silverblueBP" said:
Correct, they'll slide right in, but only from the drivers side. The pass side tube has the wrong taper for it to work!

Unless you cut off the old perches, relocated them to the top, flip it over and also fill the vent tube hole - then it'll work.

Back