• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

I know there are a few people coming to the Detroit area for the PT but who is actually coming and when are you planing on getting here? What are your plans once you arrive? Maybe I can make someplans for a get together or point you in the right direction if you have something planned.
See you soon. 36 Days

IT is coming quick. Every time I fix something on the Mustang, something else will break. Now I do not have turn signals.

I seem to have the same problem, something going wrong.

Not the "Blinker Fluid".
Not yet at least. :no

29 Days :pbj :yah :steer

I got the new diff in and been driving it. Need to change the speedo gear. I also need to change oil and check all the fluids.

is there such a thing as a long haul winner? I found a picture (on another forum) of a car that they mention won the hrpt long haul a few years ago, I would like to see more of it. I just cant find any mentioning of anything like that on the hot rod site. Craig do you have any ideas?

I think there is something like that, Craig probably knows all the details.
Something to do with punching your card at each stop, that's all I know and I'm really not sure if that's right.
Lot of help that was. :char

They do have "winners" that are eligible by being a long hauler. GM gives away stuff like crate engines and even whole cars! Basically when you register, you get a bunch of stuff but some of it is tickets that you put in a box at the stage every day when you check in. They draw those names at the long haul ceremony and the sponsors give away some really cool stuff. It could be Mothers wax, or a Painless wiring harness, or Holley Carb, etc, etc. And Larry you are correct, there is a "punch card" that has to be stamped every day in order to be able to get into the long hauler ceremony. Everybody gets "swag" at each stop but long haulers get the most and then are eligible for bigger prizes. It's not race or a rally or anything like that, but you do have to "check-in" or stamp your card by 6pm every day. Long Haulers are supposed to get the best parking spots, the most crap (I mean stuff) and then the last day is only open to those who have done every stop. They have a stage at each venue and do all kinds of things and give away stuff. Celebrity's (usually car people like Foose) often show up on stage and of course the Hot Rod guys do things and make announcements and stuff. It's fun. I won a Pioneer system in 2010 and was picked by Pioneer from my registration as a long hauler.

"tarafied1" said:
They do have "winners" that are eligible by being a long hauler. GM gives away stuff like crate engines and even whole cars! Basically when you register, you get a bunch of stuff but some of it is tickets that you put in a box at the stage every day when you check in. They draw those names at the long haul ceremony and the sponsors give away some really cool stuff. It could be Mothers wax, or a Painless wiring harness, or Holley Carb, etc, etc. And Larry you are correct, there is a "punch card" that has to be stamped every day in order to be able to get into the long hauler ceremony. Everybody gets "swag" at each stop but long haulers get the most and then are eligible for bigger prizes. It's not race or a rally or anything like that, but you do have to "check-in" or stamp your card by 6pm every day. Long Haulers are supposed to get the best parking spots, the most crap (I mean stuff) and then the last day is only open to those who have done every stop. They have a stage at each venue and do all kinds of things and give away stuff. Celebrity's (usually car people like Foose) often show up on stage and of course the Hot Rod guys do things and make announcements and stuff. It's fun. I won a Pioneer system in 2010 and was picked by Pioneer from my registration as a long hauler.

Vendor Swag is COOL!

Looks like the plan is for the boss and I to join up in Oklahoma City. We will be there Wednesday to visit the kid, then join up and ride into Arlington with the tour. We'll be in the 11 though.

"Sluggo" said:
Looks like the plan is for the boss and I to join up in Oklahoma City. We will be there Wednesday to visit the kid, then join up and ride into Arlington with the tour. We'll be in the 11 though.
Look forward to seeing you again

Back