• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"tarafied1" said:
John,
You'll have a day or two extra if your not doing the whole thing... if that helps?!?
We are leaving on Tuesday so I will have 3 more days, but with my blood pressure issues, I am losing too many days and not getting anything done.

In 2010 on the Power Tour, we met a couple from Canada on the first night at the hotel in Iowa. I was washing the road grime off my car with water in the hotel ice bucket and they were heading out to eat and stopped to admire the car. We talked a long time and ended up driving a lot with them and hanging out together. They were unable to go last year but we have stayed in touch. The husband, Brent, was very sick with cancer. He passed away in February. I only post this now because the wife, Jackie, contacted me and asked if we were going this year. Her and his sister our going to do the Power Tour this year in his memory. He had so much fun on the Power Tour, I think it is a great way for them to honor him. I was touched and I look forward to cruise with them this year!
RIP Brent

Attachments

• Picture 318.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 34
That's sad that he passed away, but very cool that they are going to do the tour in his honor. It's amazing how cars can really bring people together.

Yes the cars do bring people together. They have a late model Mustang that he put some scoops and Pypes and stuff on. He also had a Hurst Olds Cutlas. I don't think she will drive that on the tour but she would be happy to meet other Mustangers and car people. I will introduce her to yawl. He died just this past February, I don't think it was a surprise but I'm sure it's been hard.

"RapidRabbit" said:
It's amazing how cars can really bring people together.

AAL-FM-0952X.jpg

I'm really pumped up about the tour this year. So many of you guys will be on the tour or at some of the venues along the way. This place is like a family and while I have met a few, it will be cool to put more faces to names and of course hang out with those I have met, again!
For certain blue convertible owners that may not make it this year, do not fret, there is always next year!

Re: Re: 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"tarafied1" said:
I'm really pumped up about the tour this year. So many of you guys will be on the tour or at some of the venues along the way. This place is like a family and while I have met a few, it will be cool to put more faces to names and of course hang out with those I have met, again!
For certain blue convertible owners that may not make it this year, do not fret, there is always next year!

Maybe I will throw some flames on the Volvo and bring that. It's a blue convertible, close enough.

Seriously though, the mustang might be done but the whole issue is really vacation time and a 2 year old now. I might make it over to muskegon then drive down to IL and back home. Not sure yet.

"tarafied1" said:
He could always tow it it down to TX since he wants to move here anyway....then when the tour starts here next year.... I know I mentioned joining the tour, but with the baby due at the end of June, its not a wise choice to leave town for a few days. I did get approval to attend the gatherings in Fort Worth though.

yeah, babies do take priority. But I hope we can hook-up at one or some of the stops. And as for Volvo's, I have seen lots of "ordinary" cars on past PT's with "plan B" written in the window!

Back