• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fastback Build--Reassembly

Re: '65 Fastback Build--Updated 8/25/2010

"abrahamfh" said:
I'm sure this stage of the game requires a lot of detailed attention and patience.

Not from me, lol. I'm either at work or watching college football every Saturday, while he's out there doing all the work.

You mean that you don't even go out and help? maybe learn something??

Fer shame.

"silverblueBP" said:
You mean that you don't even go out and help? maybe learn something??

Fer shame.

A good bodyman's hourly rates go up if the owner is watching; even more if the owner talks and watches.

"Midlife" said:
A good bodyman's hourly rates go up if the owner is watching; even more if the owner talks and watches.
AEJU000Z.jpg

Re: '65 Fastback Build--Updated 11/10/2010

Today, the jambs were painted. It's nice to finally see some color on the car. I'm happy with my last minute change to red too. He will come back this weekend to assemble the car, then paint it the following weekend.

IMG_5814.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Again, I am jealous that you are painting, wish I was there... Curious as to weather or not the painter will put up plastic for the final spray and make a makeshift booth? how is he ventilating till now, fresh air breather, doors open???

"65-408" said:
Again, I am jealous that you are painting, wish I was there... Curious as to weather or not the painter will put up plastic for the final spray and make a makeshift booth? how is he ventilating till now, fresh air breather, doors open???

The car will be painted in a professional paint booth. He just did the jambs in my garage. There is a little more trash than I'd prefer, but overall not too bad.

Today, I had to make the car mobile, for that trip to the paint booth next week. I put the 9" under it, and made a caster dolly for the front. I'm real happy how it came out, and it moves around very easily.

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wow that is some awesome progress. I am sure you are pleased. I am digging the color!!

you do know boeings are ghey....sikorsky are better....I am a blackhawk guy lo and I spied the posters

"fordrule" said:
wow that is some awesome progress. I am sure you are pleased. I am digging the color!!

you do know boeings are ghey....sikorsky are better....I am a blackhawk guy lo and I spied the posters

Lol, thanks. I just dream Boeings. I'm just a lowly Canadair guy.

[/quote]

When Sikorsky makes a jet that holds 200 people and flies at Mach .80, let me know. :thu

i am just a helicopter guy for now...later in my life if i am still in aviation I will have togo fixed wing..

So your not going to paint the engine bay body color? Really looks nice ryan.

Looking good Ryan. The red shows up differently in your pics based on lighting, and in some it looks really close to your '11 GT. Is it a pretty close match or coincidence in those pics?

"lethal289" said:
So your not going to paint the engine bay body color? Really looks nice ryan.

Thanks Jake. Nope, semi-gloss just like Ford did it.

"sigtauenus" said:
Looking good Ryan. The red shows up differently in your pics based on lighting, and in some it looks really close to your '11 GT. Is it a pretty close match or coincidence in those pics?

Thanks Sam, but it's just a coincidence. The camera flash really distorts the color, as you noted. The 2011 Race Red is a super bright red, while the '65 is Ford factory Candy Apple Red, which is a bit more blood red. I considered going the Race Red on the '65, but thought it would look a bit too custom, not really the look I'm after. When it comes back from the booth next week, I'll post a side by side for comparison.

what size are the rear tires? rim width and offset would help also... any clearance issues?

"65-408" said:
what size are the rear tires? rim width and offset would help also... any clearance issues?

They are 17x8 rims with 245/45/17 tires, and 5.72" backspacing. As of now, I'm using a 1" adapter, because the rear discs aren't on. Once they are on, I think I'll only need a thin spacer, if anything. Zero clearance issues now, but I did roll my quarter lips just in case. Once I get the brakes on, I'll update whats needed for optimum clearance. FYI, the leaf springs are 1.25" drop mid-eye Maier 165 Race.

Back