• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fastback Build--Reassembly

Re: '65 Fastback Build--Updated 11/21/2010

With fresh paint, don't let it sit outside for long and get hot...it tends to hurt the curing process of the paint.

I rolled the car outside for a better look and some more pics. My 2011 wanted to pay some respects to her elder as well.

53-221110142250.jpeg

53-221110142215.jpeg

53-221110142143.jpeg

53-221110145636.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks awesome! This one kinda scared me, I assume the valance isnt on yet....
53-211110111714.jpeg

The valance was on! I freaked too when I saw the picture. It must look worse than it really was (I wasn't there). No damage.

Car looks AWESOME Ryan!!

I also noticed you have the "Jake Lift" going on too...plan on keeping it?

Wow, touchy are we????

Ryan, I'm JEALOUS! Wish my coupe was in paint. The car looks GREAT!!!

Just received my new door tag from Marti. Pretty cool paired up with the StangFix tag.

53-301110120400.jpeg

Your build thread kinda fell off of my radar until I noticed your updated sig pic. The car looks GREAT Ryan!

When you're prepping your interior pieces, don't forget the center joint (for the two overhead pieces that install at the rear of the headliner) and the two small headliner front dress trim pieces. You mentioned the large side pieces still needing to be done, but I didn't see these smaller items in your photos.

So.... we'll all see this car at MBBIV?

"daveSanborn" said:
Your build thread kinda fell off of my radar until I noticed your updated sig pic. The car looks GREAT Ryan!

When you're prepping your interior pieces, don't forget the center joint (for the two overhead pieces that install at the rear of the headliner) and the two small headliner front dress trim pieces. You mentioned the large side pieces still needing to be done, but I didn't see these smaller items in your photos.

So.... we'll all see this car at MBBIV?

Thanks Dave! I found the rest of the interior trim in the attic, just need to refinish it now. I really doubt it'll make MBBIV; there is just too much on the "to do" and especially the "to buy" list. I am really looking forward to the reassembly process though.

"monkeystash" said:
Thanks Dave! I found the rest of the interior trim in the attic, just need to refinish it now. I really doubt it'll make MBBIV; there is just too much on the "to do" and especially the "to buy" list. I am really looking forward to the reassembly process though.

Isn't that like a little under a YEAR away...!?!? :wtf

"70_Fastback" said:

You can't rush perfection... J., didn't it take you like 5 years to do yours? Look how that turned out. :confu

"70_Fastback" said:

I figure I roughly need $10K more in parts, including a short block and EFI system. So, 10 months is a bit optimistic, especially if you ask SWMBO! Plus, it's not like I don't have a Mustang to drive there, geeeeeez...

"lethal289" said:
You can't rush perfection... J., didn't it take you like 5 years to do yours? Look how that turned out. :confu

LMAO, thanks Jake!

Got to see Ryan's 65 last weekend and it looks even better in person . . . Its the same (or very close) red that my first Mustang was. Lots of details not evident are well taken care of. If the rest of the build goes like the body/paint, this will be one great, great restomod when he is finished.

"lethal289" said:

But that was weekends only. :yah

Back