• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

COVID 19 Vaccine Discussion

Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist or an alarmist but I also don't believe that numbers aren't skewed or played with. Maybe it's because I live/worked in the most crooked city and county in the country. As a 30 year LE I've been in the hospital and court where medical terms and reasoning have been a bit off. In my visit with my cardiologist last week and he openly told me about a recent event where he was filling in at the ER overnight and a young pregnant woman overdosed (it wasn't her first) and her and the child didn't make it. Around here that makes an ME case and the ME ruled both Covid because she tested positive. So I'm not minimizing Covid and it's effects but I believe the numbers as much as guys telling what HP they have. My belief is the long term effects of Covid are the real issues.
Those are the exception rather than the rule. You'd also need to see the death certificate to see where covid was listed. As I stated before, every condition a patient has is listed. If a diabetic falls down a flight of stairs and breaks his neck, his cause of death is the trauma, but diabetes is also listed on the death certificate, just not the primary cause.

Just a little clarification on my stance. If My wife, Julie, did not have cancer, I would be on the fence for the vaccine but she is against it so I will not. She is close to needing her bone marrow transplant and her research leads her not to want it nor is she comfortable with me taking it. The most telling thing was when we asked her oncologist about it, he was not for it.

I will do what ever Julie wants me to do in reguards to potentially effecting her health. No one else's opinion on this concerns me right now. So that is it in a nut shell.

Everyone can do their own research and make their own decisions. There is more to her decisions that just infection and death rates. She is real allergic to hundreds of things right now and many of them are used as inert ingredients for the vaccines.

Just a little clarification on my stance. If My wife, Julie, did not have cancer, I would be on the fence for the vaccine but she is against it so I will not. She is close to needing her bone marrow transplant and her research leads her not to want it nor is she comfortable with me taking it. The most telling thing was when we asked her oncologist about it, he was not for it.

I will do what ever Julie wants me to do in reguards to potentially effecting her health. No one else's opinion on this concerns me right now. So that is it in a nut shell.

Everyone can do their own research and make their own decisions. There is more to her decisions that just infection and death rates. She is real allergic to hundreds of things right now and many of them are used as inert ingredients for the vaccines.
I'm sorry to hear that, and having been in a similar situation, I think most of us would agree that its best to abide by her wishes. Here's hoping for a happy outcome.

In her situation, it's probably best to not put her in any additional stress. I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.

I got my Moderna booster on December 22nd. After Christmas we left to visit her brother in Salt Lake City, about 10 11 hour drive. We got there and it was snowing. All 7 of us piled into Scotts 4x4 truck for a ride to a local Mexican restaurant. I sat in the middle back and my nephew with his girlfriend on his lap was next to me. It was later revealed she had a “cold”, runny nose and coughing. Great visit. Get home on Sunday and back to work the next day. Monday was fine, but getting up Tuesday morning was difficult. Got to my first call in Barstow and sat in my truck to eat a banana before going in. It hurt to swallow, I mean painful to swallow a banana. Wash it down with some OJ, and that hurt to. Against my better judgment I went into the store to work. I masked up, policy to enter the store. I am mostly alone, but I have to walk up and down the stairs multiple times. Down was fine, up I had to pause because I kept getting dizzy. Replaced the parts that were bad and went home after that. I had a second call close, but I could not do it. Water was only thing that did not hurt going down. Home and I had some chicken noodle soup and went to bed. Got up the next morning, used the bathroom and went back to bed. And I stayed there. The next day, Thursday, was my regular day off. Felt better, but still tired. Back at it on Friday, felt ok, it was just anytime I stood up I got dizzy. Then on Monday the wife did a self test and was positive for Covid. I have not tested, been better about wearing a face covering and social distance. Today I feel fine, the wife is still isolated in the bedroom, but feeling ok. So I most likely had the omni Kron.
So stay safe out there.

fd

Holly and I had a similar situation two days before Christmas. Friends from Pittsburgh came home to visit their family. They are triple jabbed…kids were not. One of theirs which did not come to our house brought it with them. Anyway Holly and I both woke up Christmas Day sick. I knew something was wrong when we lost taste and smell Wednesday night. I told her we have to test. Thursday morning, both positive. We felt pretty rough for five to six days…like a head cold on steroids. Neither of us ever ran a fever or had a sore throat. Worst part was the cough I suppose. Still get a little winded easily. We got the antibody boosters about half way through. That seemed to help.

I'm not a fan of the jab, however Amber and I both got the J&J on recommendation from our Drs. We also want to travel so there's that.

We think we had it January 2020 and are currently recovering from it this weekend. This time we tested positive. Before was so early they were still covering it up.

Either way I'm not worried even with my heart issue. All the talking points are falling apart and as a result of the government getting involved and giving money away nobody really knows what to believe.

IMHO, you do you.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had a real bad sore throat, and getting dizzy with exertion or standing up. Never lost taste. The dizzy feeling is the only thing still hanging on. Did a self test yesterday and it was negative. It is hanging onto the wifey a little longer. So yesterday was takeout for our anniversary dinner. :rolleyes:

fd

Get well dude. It's just starting to take hold in Oz. Won't be long before we have all had it.

Good to hear youre on the mend.

Tony

Wife and I got it last week. Both of us have received the shots previously. Tried to stay away from the kids and quarantine in the bedroom, wear masks in the house and stay in different rooms from them. Didn't work. They all got it several days later. While it's been 5 days since we started symptoms (sore throat, head cold feelings, exhaustion, cough) I still tested positive last night and can't go back into work until Friday per company policy. "Working" as best I can from home even though I have a job that doesn't work well remotely. Wife already worked from home so it's business as usual for her.
I don't usually get sick, ever, but when I do, it hits me hard. This hit pretty hard but I've had worse.

Here we are, almost a year since the last post. I’ve been boosted too many times to remember and had the WuFlu over the summer and still alive.

Suck it Grim Reaper

Back