• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

Hey guys,

This is David's wife, Jennifer. I know "swmbo's" don't usually write on here, hope no one minds...

The previous posts have already expressed our feelings, he will be forever be in our hearts as a great man, sorely missed.
John was a friend to David and myself, we will never forget his bright smile and warm heart.

Our prayers to Tracey and the kids,

Jennifer and David

Wow I never thought I would feel melancholy (for lack of a better word ) over the lost of someone whom I briefly conversed with on the internet over the last few years.He, like a few others have been a part of my life the last few years.I may not get involved with posting to much but I always check in to see what is going on. But looking back on those years John was one of those who always chimed in to either help or give an opinion. I may be wrong but doesn't he have the most posts over at VMF still.
He will be missed.

"guruatbol" said:
WTF? I was taking the Waldopro/Johnpro picture around taking pics of it all week during my tour! I am sitting here at home on the first day of my vacation with a tears in my eyes wondering if I should even post all the pics and the story behind the pics I took of Waldopro/Johnpro's travels to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore....???

Maybe keeping the "where is Johnpro" post running might be a good thing

mike

"mcfly" said:
Maybe keeping the "where is Johnpro" post running might be a good thing

It definitely is. John always got a laugh out of the different places and situations Johnpro / Waldopro wound up in. Almost as if it was his true alter ego. :)

A little story from this past Wednesday afternoon....

DEL65 and I had just come from the hospital on Wednesday and were walking into the Atlantis hotel. It had been a rough day so far, but we and some of Johnpro's other friends had been chatting about some various engine mods and some purchases that could be made at Summit Racing while we were still up in Reno.

DEL65 and Johnpro had had many conversations about how best to rebuild DEL65's motor and which parts to use. DEL65 had settled on AFR heads for many reasons, but Johnpro had success with them on Scary and spoke highly of the parts. One problem, though; they're D@mned expensive! After some thought, DEL65 announced: "I'm just going to buy those AFR heads. If my wife objects, I'll just tell her: 'Honey, it's what Johnpro would've wanted me to do.'"

A few moments later, a buxom smokin' cocktail waitress walked by with a tray of drinks. I took a long look, turning my head almost 180 degrees to take in her long legs and spike heels as she walked away from us. DEL65 noticed my attention and turned to look, too. We were both stopped dead in our tracks.

After a few moments, I said: "That's what Johnpro would've wanted me to do."

Perhaps my favorite Johnpro story is the one where he "impersonated" someone else at a Knotts gathering many years ago. Maybe someone who was there can share the story here, even though it has to do with VMF.

Frank

Hi everyone

This is Toni...Teebone's wife. (no broom jokes please !)

Thanks Jennifer (David67's swimbo) for breaking the ice.

I also was not going to post since it's been protocol for
"swimbo's" to stay on the back burner.

John was a wonderful friend to Vinny (with a "y" of course)
and was always extending his friendship, knowledge, goofy laugh,
even though they were 3,000 miles apart from each other.

John always made sure he had chairs for us at Knotts...just a
small thing, but hope it shows how thoughtful he was.

Seeing John at Knotts was always, always, something Vin
looked forward to year after year and was missed greatly
this past year. Vin has not slept the past 2 nights after
hearing this terrible sad news.

He welcomed us, and everyone else, into his life with a
warm handshake and a bright smile.

That will be returned as he is welcomed into Heaven.

Thanks for letting me post here
Toni

"Sacbill" said:
A few moments later, a buxom smokin' cocktail waitress walked by with a tray of drinks. I took a long look, turning my head almost 180 degrees to take in her long legs and spike heels as she walked away from us. DEL65 noticed my attention and turned to look, too. We were both stopped dead in our tracks.

After a few moments, I said: "That's what Johnpro would've wanted me to do."

OMG....... So true :lol

Well I have been without words since I got the phone call on Wednesday.

John you were a great guy, someone I enjoyed hanging out with since the beginning. I always looked up to you. Since I met in 2001 or 2002 you always welcomed my stupid questions and we always had fun. Even letting have his fender roller for 6 months. Ever since finding out that you were sick and you couldn't come to knotts, Jennifer and I wanted to see you sooner than later. So we went to the American Graffiti car show and it was lots of fun.

I will always remember walking the whole car show with you and you fascination with the 71 mustang with the all skulls in it. Also looking at the 64 Impala lowrider mural in the trunk and you sayin' "She's naked in the trunk!!!"

There is one memory of mine that stands out above all is the when I gave him the picture of Scary that I got drawn up for him by Chris (Blue67). Well a couple years of ago we went to MITM in Lake Tahoe since we didn't really want to drive 8 hours in the mustang and was just thinking of flying up and getting a rental. So I posted that we might fly up, John PM me to drive his 66 Coupe. So MITM came around and he let me drive the 66 up there, it was awesome. So as a thank you I got Scary drawn up for him. I never seen him just so shocked and amazed that day. I remember getting back to his house after MITM and the first thing he did is find a place to hang it. He was so happy. I had only wished I gotten the side and back picture instead just the side only.

John you are the man, I'll miss you. I'll make sure to have a few Long Islands Iced Teas in honor of you at MITM.

Awesome stories about an incredible man. If your a members SWMBO (or even a members husband...), please do not hesitate to post, everyone is welcome.

I told Amber today. She teared up. It was this AM when she was trying to get out the door for work. I know bad timing. I only got a couple hours of sleep, too much going on in my head about this entire situation. Anyway we had a chance to talk at lunch. Amber remembered that she really enjoyed John and Tracy's company. She would trade books with Tracy and they seemed to hit it off from the start.

Tracy, you need to know Amber is super shy and takes some time to warm up to people like she warmed up to you. Both you and John are amazing people. Tracy, it is my hope you will keep in touch with Amber and still attend with or without a Mustang MITM or Knott's, if for no other reason but to see friends and have a bit of fun.

Amber and I love both of you very much and want you to know that you are welcome in our home any time!

Mel

My take on Jonpro---He was a guy that you could call a friend with out ever actually meeting him in person, (that takes a special person)
when he gave out advice on anything he seemed to get it right, every time, (whether it be automotive or personal matters)
In the years I have been on vmf and this forum I don't think there was ever anyone mad at his responses (how many of us can say that?)
He will be missed by his family,all his personal friends who had contact with him and also he will be missed by his huge collection of friends he made online.

Truly sad news. I had PM'd John on VMF on more than one occasion about specifics on the drive train in Scary. He was always prompt and forthcoming with information even though he didn't know me at all. A class act all the way. The Mustang world has lost one of the great ones. Rest in Peace John.

�´m still scuba diving in Mexico today. As I looked out on that beautiful ocean today, all I could think was rest in peace, Johnpro. I told them on the boat that I was dedicating the first dive to a lost friend and I dove to a new record depth of 133 feet. I think he would have thought that was cool.

Way cool act David to tell John 'Thanks'. That tells a lot about the kind of person you are as well as how much you respected him.

Vinnie and Toni, we'll all miss John. He would want us all to remember, and move forward. We shall. Matt (2BAV8) emailed me last Thu and I thought he had just read about John's cancer as he had been away from the VMF got some time. A couple of years ago when John brought his 66, Matt, John and I all parked next to each other, which was awesome.

RIP John. I'll be making a toast in Boston on the day of his services....

John was it, he was the top! only met him once, but I knew him! if a question was answered by john there was no need for another answer, he will be missed... you guys in Nor Cal must be hurting big time! I am in Canada. Godspeed John!

RIP Johnpro... the news is staggering, to say the least. I mostly lurk around and read the VMF for many years, but I remember when he bought Scary and I watched as his build progressed to the amazing machine that it is. I was always impressed by his knowledge and unending excitement for the hobby. John and Scary were and are inspirations for my very own project. I hope someday I can be even half as influential as he. I think I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I'm so sad to hear this news.. John was one of the absolute best. Always quick to jump in and set a newbie on the right path. I never met John, but considered him a friend.

He will be sorely missed...

RIP John

I too am at a loss for words. After being on the VMF with him since its inception, I felt like I knew him on a personal level even though we never met. I had always thought we'd finally get to meet at a Corn Feed or some other gathering that wasn't in Cali. Unfortunately that never happened. Below is a PM I received from him probably just days before his passing, just a random Hello message:

Just wanted to drop you a note and say that I've enjoyed your T-56 installation posts. You're doing a great job. I haven't participated in the post, because I really have nothing to add to it other than a "NICE JOB!" *lol*

I forgot where you're located. I really want to see your car one of these days!

John

God speed brother, and I'll see you at the pearly gates whenever it is my time! You lived your life to the fullest but were taken from us too soon.

Reminds me of a PM he sent me, not sure why I saved it, guess it was just a really nice gesture from him with all he had going on at the time. We had sent John a Stangfix t-shirt along with a couple hot rod magazines from down under that SCEDD had sent to me, just to let him know we missed him and that we were thinking of him. He sent a really nice PM.

Rick, the t-shirt arrived Tuesday, and of course, I immediately tried it on. Thank you (and anyone else involved) so much. That was really cool of you guys!!

Again, I really, really appreciate you guys thinking of little ol' me like that. It was a really cool gesture!!

John

Back