• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

I just heard about John's passing today, the Mustang community has lost a true friend. I never had the privilege of meeting John but he helped me with my car a few times. He was always willing to lend a hand in any way that he could, he will truly be missed.

Rest in peace John.

I just logged on today and found out about Johnpro's passing. My condolences to his family. I too had never met John, but we conversed via PM about the engine in the 66 coupe. I have plans very similar to that build and he was very helpful with information to a complete stranger. His wit and wisdom will be missed.

Brian

Was blown away to log on and see the forum tribute to JohnPro, but am glad I found out sooner than later. I like many others only knew John through the forums and always enjoyed his posts. Anytime you read something he took the time to write you walked away with something weather or not it had anything to do with your situation or problem. I used to read most things he posted, or responded to, just for that reason. The community has lost a great person. As it was stated earlier John was a great example of a positive use of the internet. I had the privilege of talking to him only in posts and absorbing the info he was so willing to share with other enthusiasts. Considering when I dove into the mustang blackhole I was in my late teens and clueless he was one of the few willing to offer much needed advice, eleven years later I always looked forward to his input. You don't have to ever meet a person to know they're good people and their impact on people is positive one. He'll be missed in more ways and more people that he ever would have imagined.

Just heard about this today and am very saddened by the news. I had the privilege of meeting John and have to say it was like meeting someone I had always known. While our interests in Mustangs varied, we always had a mutual respect for each other. When I was out in CA at the Concord show a few years back, I have to say I hated to leave. I've since had an admiration of all the norcal group and thought about how cool it would be to be around them and their families. I have not been able to find that kind of camaraderie here in NC. John will be sorely missed, my condolences to his family.

Very sad to hear.

I had the good fortune to meet John a few times at Knotts and other CA events. My favorite memory is at the bar (heh, go figure) at the MCA National in Concord CA back in 2007. An out-of-town judge tried to pay for his drink, and John quickly offered to buy the round, stating, "You're in our house now." I hope that someday I have the class and dignity John always seemed to show.

It seems like the right day to get the PC out for some exercise. RIP John.

Wow I just found out about this on another site.

I'll miss John as well. I was hoping he would beat this. We had to deal with my wife's surgery for cervical cancer and she is doing well and was hoping John would be fine as well. My wife met John and his wife a couple of times, even sharing a table at an event at the Ironstone Winery. Sheri really enjoyed that time with John and Tracy. Going to be tough to tell her the news when I get home.

Just noticed John's birthdate is the same as mine so every year that I'm able to celebrate mine I will celebrate John's as well.

Again great pictures Mike.

RIP John.

My small tribute to John is the attached pics. I took the T to North Station, Boston (The Gahdehn) and snapped the first photo (I was on my way to Andover).

Yesterday, I had signed up and took a DUK tour here in Boston harbor and rode in this vehicle.

RIP John!

This is Mrs 66Gt350
Its was nice meeting everyone, I wish it could have been under different circumstances. I sure to miss him, he was the one person we always had to call to try to meet up with anytime we made it to Sac.

I thought I would join being a fellow mustanger (if you couldn't tell by my belt buckle that I thought John would appreciate) just to post a couple pics I took with the camera phone.
johnpro1.jpg

johnpro3.jpg

johnpro4.jpg

johnpro5.jpg

I do have one of his kids by Scary but I don't want to post their pic without their consent.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Moostang" said:
This is Mrs 66Gt350
Its was nice meeting everyone, I wish it could have been under different circumstances. I sure to miss him, he was the one person we always had to call to try to meet up with anytime we made it to Sac.

I thought I would join being a fellow mustanger (if you couldn't tell by my belt buckle that I thought John would appreciate) just to post a couple pics I took with the camera phone.
johnpro1.jpg

johnpro3.jpg

johnpro4.jpg

johnpro5.jpg

I do have one of his kids by Scary but I don't want to post their pic without their consent.

It was nice meeting you and your Husband Sabrina, we were all really glad you two were able to make it out. I'm sure John really appreciated the sacrifice, and the cool seatbelt belt buckle. Sorry to hear about the trailer issues and hope you both made it home safely.

Here are some pics from the drive back home after Bill and his Wife so graciously hosted us after the service. Thanks again.

Filler up, you think we would own some stock in the oil industry already,

e5d5d0fd.jpg

Craig, Jeff and Frank cruising into the sunset.

19a2010e.jpg

Sorry for the contrast issues on the photographs, I just couldn't resist sharing what a beautiful day to go for a drive it was.

Frank enjoying a little fresh air

9ba875cb.jpg

Craig and his better half riding shotgun

bef26ecc.jpg

123a7138.jpg

Jeff and his lovely wife

6bf0fa11.jpg

Got to love that California sunshine

b894375b.jpg

It really was a great memorial service that highlighted who John was and how he chose to live his life, enriching the lives of others. He will be missed dearly and his spirit will live on with all of us. It was nice seeing everyone again and also meeting some of you for the first time, I would like to say that I have never met a nicer fun group of people. Thanks again everyone for making this event a little easier than I was anticipating it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had known Johnpro for many years, even from the original text and blue background days of the VMF, and we met personally at the VAP Cruise and BBQ's at Hot August Nights when he was still driving his 66. I just heard about his passing when talking to Sacbill on the phone at HAN. I didn't know he had cancer. I will remember him as a "git-er-done" car guy and just an all around helpful person. Personally John was somebody that you could just hang out with and shoot the sh** and laugh about it. No arrogance or pretense, just a honest and down-to-earth guy. On the original VMF (and through the glory years) John was one of a handful of core members that was always jumping in with helpful, knowledgeable info and I know I personally will be saddened that he is not here to throw stuff out there that can be relied upon. He was an original T-Lock tester and gave me excellent feedback that made that product better for everyone, just his style.
Buddy, you will be missed..........

"abrahamfh" said:
Frank enjoying a little fresh air natural air conditioning & sweet smell of unburnt hydrocarbons

Fixed it.

Thanks, Abe, for summing it up very well. You have a great way with words.

Frank

Great pictures, Thanks for sharing with those that couldn't be there. I didn't know John personally, but I am sure that he responded to some of my threads in the past on the VMF. I can say that he always had good advice for those that sought it, as I have read many of his responses to others' questions. The Mustang communities as well as those that got to work hand in hand with him will miss John.
Godspeed to you John.

Very Sorry to hear about the passing of John.

As others have said any mustanger that was in from out of town, he went out of his way to make them feel welcome. I met John and other NorCal members in January of '07 at a poker night John organized when I was in town. I will always remember the evening I got to spend with John and the other Nor-Cal members and how John opened up his house to an 'internet friend' he had never met from all the way across the country. I had a great time that night and it will always be in my memory talking about Mustang's and hearing stories of past NorCal events.

John also showed me his cars in the garage and I believe he had just completed Scary. I did not get a ride since it had rained that afternoon, but the way John talked of the car I imagine it lives up to it's name. The passion and knowledge John spoke with about his car and Mustangs I had not heard from anywhere else before or have to this date. From the few hours I spent at John's house that evening and the numerous times John had replied to posts when we have all been in a bind I know John will always be missed by the Mustang community.

I know this is really late but I just found it and felt it appropriate for this thread from Knotts 2010

IMG_0296.jpg

I am also including some photographs of the parking lot at John's service in Sacramento.
The following photographs were shot using Raw with a Nikon D70. They look amazing, so if anyone wants the real deal just shoot me a PM with your email address.

scaryinfrontofthechurchps.jpg

scaryinfrontofthechurch.jpg

scaryupfront.jpg

scaryfrontdsangle.jpg

scaryreards.jpg

tributeleftside.jpg

tributerightside.jpg

"abrahamfh" said:
I know this is really late but I just found it and felt it appropriate for this thread from Knotts 2010

Oh nice pic. :doh You found one of me picking my nose. :roulette

fd

Back