• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

Thanks!

Even though it was hotter than hades today, I forced myself to work on Gertrude. I cleaned the spindles yesterday and paint them black. Today I put everything together including my lovely ORP roller perches I've had since December. :yah
I went ahead and reused my original spindles for now. I didn't tighten anything down too tight or put cotter pins in. I just wanted to look at something that look 'done'. lol

No major updates. Been busy with work, kids starting school in a couple weeks. Oh and the junior college my husband is going to totally screwed up his stuff. :rant They didn't turn in the paperwork so he didn't get his monlthy BAH (he gets paid to go school full time). They also dropped him from all his fall classes (even though he was registered for them back in May) because of all the screw ups. Oh his financial aid and GI Bill stuff was also screwed up because of the school not doing their job and turning in paperwork, so we are extremely short on money this month and stress is way up there. Besides having enough to pay bills, rent, etc... we also have a car payment now, kids start school in 2 wks which means they need clothes and supplies. Ugh!

So the only thing that has been done was Sunday when I had my husband drill the holes on the passenger side for the arning drop. I wasn't able to have the strength to drill that out even starting with a small hole and going up. My husband even had a hard time with it. LOL Its been 100+ lately and really don't want to mess around in the garage. Later tonight after the sun goes down, I'm going to try to finish putting the suspension stuff on the passenger side. We'll see how I feel later. My mother in law is coming over today to take the kids school shopping. I'm thankful for that, but damn that woman is annoying. :roul

Woke up early and got stuff put together before it got too hot outside. :thu
I still need to clean up and paint the other strut rod. I'll be doing that here in a bit.

Pictures don't show it, but everything is all new, black and shiny!

LH.jpg

RH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat,

just to ask...you didn't torque down everything yet did you? Some things (LCA bolt, sway-bar,etc) don't get the full torque until the car is resting on the wheels again.

I only ask because I made that exact mistake

Its just hand tightened. I didn't want to tighten everything down right now. I just want to look at something complete so it looks like I did something when I go in the garage. lol

Check out those sexy disc brakes! :yah Still need to put the calipers on and the new hoses. Tonight I got to head to the auto parts store and check out some dual MC. The guy there knows all about stangs (has several including 4 '66's) and he ordered several compatible MCs for me to choose from. Thought that was pretty nice of him. :thu

Oh and :rant my 14's aren't going to fit over these. Looks like I'm going to have to buy new wheels before I can drive her.

disc_01.jpg

disc_02.jpg

disc_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but those rotor hats look like it's gonna push the wheel out a lot. Or, you'll need a lot of backset/offset.

"silverblueBP" said:
Maybe it's just me, but those rotor hats look like it's gonna push the wheel out a lot. Or, you'll need a lot of backset/offset.
Yeah, those look hoooooge! :pbj :pbj :steer

I put the 14s I had on there and they don't stick out. There's just no room for the caliper so Im going to need to go up to atleast 16s.

There is nothing to judge the amount the tire "sticks out" without the body/fenders on the car......be cautious buying wheels to soon.

Dual MC.... maverick or granada?

I called up a local auto parts store where a guy that works there is a mustang know it all. He owns several including four 66's. Told him I need a dual MC that's compatible for my 66 since I'm doing disc brake swap. Anyway, he ordered some MCs so I can look/compare before I pick which one to buy. Last night I looked at one for a 75 Granada. It came with a push rod. I remembered to bring my original one from the fruit jar to compare and they are pretty close to the same length. The granada one was like 1/4 inch longer than the 66 pushrod. Would that 1/4 inch be a problem or would I have to use my 66 pushrod?

Monday they'll have a 74 Maverick MC in which I'm going to check out as well.

Take a look at the diameter of the piston in the master cylinder. The size of the bore will have an effect on the pedal pressure and pedal travel. The smaller the bore, the less pedal pressure required, but this will increase the pedal travel.

The kit that I bought from SSBC uses the master cylinder for a 67 mustang for disc/drum and it has a 1" bore. I've been looking at replacing mine, I think a seal inside the mc is bad. I've been looking at the fox body and sn94 master cylinders to get a different pedal feel. The only issue with using a new mc is that the fittings on the are metric.

Back