• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

Thanks guys! I still need to do the outside area. I'll probably coat them with some undercoating or bed liner stuff.

6-25-2011

Couldn't get these apart so took it off as a whole.
IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

Check out the amount of debris! :barf1
IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

All cleaned out. I didn't know it was that deep there. LOL
IMG_4864.jpg

and just to show I actually did work on my mustang! :roll
IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

Tomorrow's agenda:
Sand down the outside, clean it up, do the shelby drop, and paint it. Eventually I will install these baby's! :thu

IMG_4870.jpg

Thank you John (ORP)!! They arrived today!

Last edited by a moderator:
But Kat, those pics don't SHOW you working......just a little dirty! :hide hehehe

Just teasing!

Nice job on the disassembly and clean up. It'll look sweet with the new suspension in there! BTW, the way you took the parts out is, IMHO, the easiest way to do it. Good on ya!!! :thu

Maybe I can get my husband to get pics of me doing some sanding then! :nut

I did have him do some stuff. I needed his man strength to get some of the bolts loose. I thought I might have broke a finger but I think I just smacked it really good. I was sitting on the ground, loosening up the bolt for the LCA and the wrench slipped and I hit my ring finger hard on the side of the LCA. Left a good size lump and turned purple. :skul This morning, it still hurts if I press on it, but the lump isn't as large and not as purple anymore.

Oh and remember how I had that problem, when I braked it pulled hard to the right? Well when I took the drums apart, I noticed a definite difference between the two. The drivers side seems like it might have newish parts and the passenger side looks 40+ yrs old! The ad when I bought Gert said "new brakes". Yeah, he replaced a couple parts on ONE side = new brakes. :wtf

IMG_4875.jpg

Nice job. It is fun work but can be a little dirty.

You will need new hardware kits for those brakes. The one on the right has the wrong spring on the self adjuster.

This adjuster plate isn't seated. Make sure this doesn't happen.

IMG_2515.jpg

It should look like this but with the cable hooked up. This is the rear but you get the idea.

100_0045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ou will need new hardware kits for those brakes. The one on the right has the wrong spring on the self adjuster.

Hmm wonder if that had anything to do with the pulling? :confu I won't be putting these front drums back on. I decided to go disc in the front since I will be driving Gert almost every day and with my children in it. :thu

Todays progress..

Did the shelby drop, cleaned everything up and now the undercoating is drying.

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

Hey Kat,

It may just be the angle of the pictures or something but how did you locate the holes for the drop? They should be both lower and a bit stepped back compared to the originals. Is this the case with yours? They look like they are just straight down.

I used the metal template I got from John @ Opentracker. Its just the angle of the picture. The holes are down and a little to the side.

"Horseplay" said:
Hey Kat,

It may just be the angle of the pictures or something but how did you locate the holes for the drop? They should be both lower and a bit stepped back compared to the originals. Is this the case with yours? They look like they are just straight down.

The holes look right to me. ;)

I only had my one fan. It's been pretty windy around here so it made the temperature in the garage bareable. :thu Sometime today I'm going to try to knock out the other side.

Back