• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kats Project

I almost forgot. Last week I got a delivery from CJ Pony.... and it only cost me $8! :yah I took advantage of the gift card promotion and got a $20 gift card when I bought the fresh air vent.

Scott Drake Satin Monte Carlo Bar :pbj
IMG_4822.jpg

hopefully the holes on yours line up better then mine. The holes on the side of the bar where it mounts the fender apron were not correct and had to be redrilled

"Kats66Pny" said:
I almost forgot. Last week I got a delivery from CJ Pony.... and it only cost me $8! :yah I took advantage of the gift card promotion and got a $20 gift card when I bought the fresh air vent.

Scott Drake Satin Monte Carlo Bar :pbj
IMG_4822.jpg

From the looks of it, I don't think you installed it correctly.

LOL It will be a while before I can actually install it. Got to replace apron, repaint the bay, and install the motor.

Before
BatteryApron1.jpg

Now
BatteryApron2.jpg

BatteryApron3.jpg

I just cut it out and will go back and remove the edges once I go find my spot welder cutters. Hubby cleaned the garage and now I can't find any of them. :rant

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cut it out and will go back and remove the edges once I go find my spot welder cutters. Hubby cleaned the garage and now I can't find any of them. :rant

How many hubbies do you have?

Messed around some more with the apron. Was able to remove the rest of it, grind down the spot welds, and shoot some weld thru primer on it.
primered.jpg

Also prepped the the apron. I think I did it right.
primered2.jpg

That's it for today. It is way too hot outside in the garage. :skul

Looks good Kat! Weld'er up!! :thu

BTW, the only real variable when you weld it back in will be your distance across the engine compartment. When you weld it to the radiator support, that is what determines the final distance (yes, stating the obvious!). If you didn't take a measurement before removing the old one (which no one, including myself, failed to mention), just holler. Set the distance, clamp it in and weld away!

:thu

Fellow car club guy (owns a 72 ss camaro) and my husband bending and tweaking to get the apron to fit.
BA1.jpg

All welded in! :yah
BA2.jpg

Now I need to grind down the welds, and put some seam sealer on the apron/radiator support area.

Kat, looks great! :thu

Honestly, how do you feel now about your decision to replace the whole things as opposed to patching? Keep up the good work!

"Ponyman66" said:
Kat, looks great! :thu

Honestly, how do you feel now about your decision to replace the whole things as opposed to patching? Keep up the good work!

Well since I personally didn't have to do the welding and tweaking to get it to fit... it was easy. LOL If I didn't know anyone who could weld and help, I probably would have said heck with it, and just patched it.

Finally found the time for the bay! :thu

IMG_4828.jpg

And holy cow, it's a real pain in the butt to paint the bay with wires and rest of the stuff still in there, but I managed. Have to wait for it to stop raining so I can open the garage and do the black - Krylon 1613 baby!

Black is dry!! :yah

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

...and you'll notice the little brackets on the shock tower for the stock export brace is gone. :roll

Very productive Sunday if I do say so.

Back