• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My wife

Re: Re: My wife

"tarafied1" said:
thanks, It's not top of the line but it is a lot better than it was. it needed something!

We did the same thing with pretty much the entire house. We've put in new flooring throughout, not one bit of carpet(the wife and lil one have horrible dust allergies, and she hates carpet), every room will have new paint by Thursday, and I've been painting the outside trim work and porches.
This place looks nothing like it did when I bought it in 04. It's no longer wall to wall pink and fugly. And we didn't go broke doing it.

that's cool. I see these DIY shows and people spend 25K on a bathroom! it's crazy. We bought our house in 04 as well. We have just about redone the whole upstairs and a few rooms downstairs. We have brought it out of the 70's and removed almost all the carpet as well. We have Dogs and cats and boys! so the carpet just looks bad after a while. Only carpet in the bedrooms now. All other rooms are laminate or tile.

Here's what we did with all the bedrooms. Looks like wood, feels like wood, but it ain't wood. Easy to install and so far, pretty tough.
630106b5-619f-9774.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Better be careful...she might want to put new tires on the house too. :roll :hide

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Here's what we did with all the bedrooms. Looks like wood, feels like wood, but it ain't wood. Easy to install and so far, pretty tough.
630106b5-619f-9774.jpg
That looks good. What brand?

"tarafied1" said:
That looks good. What brand?

Tranquility...I think. It was .80 a sq ft at lumber liquidatiors. Peel and stick good enough to fool the realtor. Seriously, she had no idea it wasn't wood.

I might look into that. It looks like real wood in the pictures. It would be perfect for our basement. We plan on doing a quick finish down there before the house goes up for sale.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I might look into that. It looks like real wood in the pictures. It would be perfect for our basement. We plan on doing a quick finish down there before the house goes up for sale.

Here's a close-up of it right out of the box. 36"x6" vinyl "planks". Once it fgoes down, it look way better.
630106b5-684b-5741.jpg

"RapidRabbit" said:
...One thing leads to another.

Actually, I like to say that one thing leads to a mother!

Unfortunately, since we bought our house new, my wife didn't have any real DIY fix up projects, so I built this:

Water_Fall_and_Steps_2.JPG

"ZFORCE" said:

Unfortunately, since we bought our house new, my wife didn't have any real DIY fix up projects, so I built this:

All that great work and you use a hose to "power" the waterfall? :roll LOL

"ZFORCE" said:

Only thing lacking in that pic is a scantily clad, beautiful woman.

Hose was the kids playing! The wife doesn't want her scantily clad pictures on display, but she does look beautiful scantily clad or not! The pool was a 7 year off and on diversion. Thanks for the compliments.

Back