• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My wife

So the wife and I started on our bathroom renovation this weekend...... I think Sluggo may be more excited about this than I am considering he had to use the old bathroom whenever he was in town....

The first picture is our haul from Lowes, not pictures is the new vanity and top, the tub/shower and new green board. The other pics are the beginning of the demo work, the tile and tub will come out tonight and hopefully we can get all the linoleum flooring up. We recently replace the AC system in the house so we are able to raise the ceiling since the new system does not use the old duct work that was above the bathroom ceiling.

Oh man that looks serious!
My wife has now focused on the kitchen/dining room. Another wall is going to come down i think.

We just pulled the tile down and got the tub out in one piece, minus the chunk Jess took out of it trying to hit something with the hammer maybe a foot away. We are NOT putting the tub in the backyard as a pot apparently..... Jess is in there now sweeping and vaccuming up all the trash while i drink a beer and surf the fix!

My wife now wants to "open" the dining room up to the kitchen. So first I had to relocate the stove to where the fridge was, which required rewiring the 220. I had my master electrician on the job. Then I began to remove the cabinets on the offending wall. I also started removing (or actually my wife did) the drywall on the dining room side before I had to leave town.

Looks like you had some fun before you left. One note on your 220V junction box, preferably you should have used the red wire for the second hot leg. You should at least mark the white wire with a black band in permanent marker on both ends to identify it as a hot wire for future people that may service it.

"ZFORCE" said:
Actually, I like to say that one thing leads to a mother!

Unfortunately, since we bought our house new, my wife didn't have any real DIY fix up projects, so I built this:

Water_Fall_and_Steps_2.JPG
Note to self--DO NOT let wife see this---(she has wanted a inground for years)===beautiful pool!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Grabber70Mach" said:
Looks like you had some fun before you left. One note on your 220V junction box, preferably you should have used the red wire for the second hot leg. You should at least mark the white wire with a black band in permanent marker on both ends to identify it as a hot wire for future people that may service it.
Thanks for the advice. It will be easy to correct. I didn't know that, ill make it right. Thanks again.

I've got a free pass till the end of the year. The wife is wanting to buy another house... so that means she doesn't want to waste money doing anything to the current :yah

Here's a few pics of the house we're looking at

l8499c643-m2x.jpg

l8499c643-m24x.jpg

And here is the only problem I see with the whole situation, my workshop/garage area isn't as bid as what I've got currently. I can make do for the time and make it what I want eventually.
l8499c643-m23x.jpg

Bill

"AzPete" said:
Tub going out front then huh......

Put the tub on the Craigslist "free" page and got 8 hits in the 12 minutes it took me to drive from work to the house. Guy is coming by around 7 to pick up his new hot tub..... Put the toilet, vanity and medicine cabinet out with trash last night, vanity and medicine cabinet were gone when i left for work...

"Midlife" said:
But the new workshop has an easy egress slide!
so true!

"Fast68back" said:
Put the tub on the Craigslist "free" page and got 8 hits in the 12 minutes it took me to drive from work to the house. Guy is coming by around 7 to pick up his new hot tub..... Put the toilet, vanity and medicine cabinet out with trash last night, vanity and medicine cabinet were gone when i left for work...
We used to live in a college town, if you set something out on garbage night, it was usually gone before you went to bed!

I always found the quickest way to get rid of the kerbside junk was a "Dont Touch" sign or a "For Sale" sign.
Marking stuff as free didnt work, but everyone wanted to steal things!

"tarafied1" said:
We used to live in a college town, if you set something out on garbage night, it was usually gone before you went to bed!
It doesn't have to be a college town. Around here, things are gone within 5-10 minutes. Wifey and I get on how long it will take and we peer out the window and watch the action!

"Midlife" said:
It doesn't have to be a college town. Around here, things are gone within 5-10 minutes. Wifey and I get on how long it will take and we peer out the window and watch the action!

Randy you better be careful and not sit out on your front lawn too much then.

Got home from Denver, made a temporary header so I could cut the studs and build the permanent header. Then test fit the new "short" cabinets. I will build a new sofit over them.

Back