• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Next Project

It has been awhile since I had time to do anything to the truck. It was overheating. Put a new Aluminum radiator and fan in. Also moved the transmission cooler off of the radiator and made a bracket to snug it up by the grill. The Dolphin Temp gauge show 210 my my inferred diagnostic gauge shows 185. Need to fix that next.
Phone 011.jpg Phone 013.jpg Phone 015.jpg Phone 017.jpg

Got the new brake booster in last weekend. Stops alot better.
TruckBooster.JPG
Next month I will pull the whole front suspension and install the Crown Vic Front end. I now have long term access to a lift.

nice! I am looking forward to seeing how the Crown Vic goes for you. Make sure you keep this thread updated with pics during the process.

Got the front clip off and the engine and transmission out. Now I am mocking up the Crown Vic suspension. Wish I had snagged the rear end while I was at it. I am glad I got the frame rails.

Truck01.jpg Truck02.jpg Truck03.jpg
Anyone need the electric fan I removed from the old radiator? Works and need a new home.Phone 045.jpg

I've been wanting to do this to a 65-6 f100 for a couple years now. Awesome work. Glad it's not too involved a swap.

Bill

Got the frames boxed today and the gussets made for the lower control arms. Just need to make a bracket to mount the Sway Bar. Having trouble uploading my picture so I post them later.

Engine and transmission are in so the motor mounts can be fabricated. Still need to make the sway bar mount. Just need to figure out where it should go.

Truck023.JPG Truck024.JPG Truck025.JPG Truck026.JPG Truck027.JPG

IIRC the sway bar can bend a bit around things as long as both ends center is in line with the center of the spindle.

I could be wrong it has been decades since I messed with front suspension geometry.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Motor and transmission are mounted and the frame rails are painted. The place that installed the engine and transmission did not but a rubber insulator in for the transmission so that is now fixed.

Next is installing the serpentine belt system and hooking up the brakes. I this rate, I am just a couple weeks from a test drive.

Truck032.JPG

Its coming along quite nicely! any idea how the new ride height will be compared to the old? Also, could you shoot a pic or two of the engine mounts. I would like to see how you worked it out to get the motor installed.

I think it is a little over a 2" drop. This is the best picture of the mount, I will try to take a better one.Truck031.JPG

Since last time.

Done
Pullies and Belt
Steering Column to Steering box
Power Steering Pump
Sway Bar
Tie Rods

To Go
Fuel Pump
Brake Lines
Radiator and Heater Hoses
Front Clip (Fenders, hood, …) Truck033.JPG Truck034.JPG

Looking good John! You have convinced me to pull my 71 F100 out of the weeds and start on my Crown Vic swap.

Looking good John! You have convinced me to pull my 71 F100 out of the weeds and start on my Crown Vic swap.
Go for it, with decent welding skills, it is not that hard to do.

Since I do not have any welding skills, I had to farm that out. For years my youngest son was my welder, now his business is keeping him too busy. I would of had to wait 2 to 3 months to get on his schedule.

Back