• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NHL Playoffs!!!

"daveSanborn" said:
Hmm.... I assumed it to be a local american indian tribe. It's not?
1812 - The first settlers of what is now Mokena were a band of Blackhawk Indians traveling from Chicago to Joliet in 1812. They brought crude tools and a well- developed skill for building shelters and within a few years founded what is now known as Blackhawk Construction, Blackhawk Paving, and Blackhawk Properties LLC The name Mokena traces its roots to a Blackhawk word roughly translated carry- out pizza.

actually...
The Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League are indirectly named after Chief Black Hawk. The Blackhawks' first owner, Frederic McLaughlin, was a commander with the 333rd Machine Gun Battalion of the 86th Infantry Division during World War I. This Division was nicknamed the "Blackhawk Division" after Chief Black Hawk. McLaughlin named the hockey team in honor of the military unit.

Winna! :pbj
So many people think they are named after the Chief or the tribe.

Sort of like our Mustangs...named after the plane, not the horse.

"KBMWRS" said:
Sort of like our Mustangs...named after the plane, not the horse.

WHAT..........they are..........OMG........I would have never known........ :lol :lol :lol :lol So true.

What's with all the Black Hawk talk? HOW BOUT DEM FLYERS! I think they're playing some pretty good hockey too!

who ever wins the west WILL hoist the cup. It makes me puke just thinking about any team from philly winning anything. :barf

Well I'll be watching the game tonight. I sure hope the Habs can score at least one goal. :lol :lol :lol

"lethal289" said:
who ever wins the east WILL(PHILLY) hoist the cup. It makes me puke just so happy thinking about any team from philly winning anything.

Fixed that for ya! :nk

"sgtjunior" said:
Not looking good Mike....

Pssst, Hey Philly - we're coming :beat

We got to win our series first. Then if we do, you'll be more than welcome to visit! But when you do, the :shtf

All right Beach pony, the Hawks took care of their business. Now we see if your Flyers can get it done tomorrow.

"lethal289" said:
who ever wins the west WILL hoist the cup.

I tend to agree with you, but since it's been almost 50 years since we did, I'll be cautious about it..

Hell with it, Damn the Hawks look good!! We're gonna do it :10

Yes the Blackhawks should win the CUP this year.

They are my second team since I grew up actually listening to Loyd Petit on the radio announce the games. Yeah I'm that old....and the fact that old man Wirtz wouldn't show the games on TV.

Back