• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tarafied1's 65 Coupe

yep, same patina!
when I get this frame all ready to weld I may contact you about that welding training! Bring it over and we can "practice" on this car!!!

had a little time this afternoon to grind on the frame. Mocked-up the clip with the fenders. It's going to be pretty slick...
576883_4757330736785_784374444_n.jpg

581673_4757333696859_1579270004_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have this one together before I can drive mine :bomb I'll just send it your way to get ready for me :thu

Looking good. That's gonna turn out pretty nice.

Bill

yeah bring it over, I need more cars taken apart at my house!
Got a Honda Prelude with no timing belt, a 93 Foxbody with the trans out and this thing! What's one more?!

"tarafied1" said:
yeah bring it over, I need more cars taken apart at my house!
Got a Honda Prelude with no timing belt, a 93 Foxbody with the trans out and this thing! What's one more?!

:skul I'll wait til the fall. I might get a chance to touch it a little this spring/summer.

Bill

just collecting parts. since I am using the 68 towers I need 67/68 suspension, steering, etc. I have most of it. I bought some 67 disc brake spindles but they are bare. I also still need to convert the brakes to dual MC and since I will be using a T5 I need to get the trans cross member and hyd/cable clutch. There is a big Mustang swap meet in October at Beachbend when they run the NMRA finals. I am hoping to score some goodies there. I am trying to keep this thing on a tight budget!
I have to rent, borrow or steal a welder that will be powerful enough to weld the frame but it is all mocked up and ready. My MIG is only 110 V and won't make enough heat. I have all the aprons and the radiator core support (new repop stuff). It's real close to being a roller...
I am really seriously thinking about a straight axle gasser though...
I have some old slapper/traction bars and I am planning to run old school rims or steelies for that 60/70's look. I would still like it to be fast though and I really want it to do a wheelie!!!

"tarafied1" said:
I also still need to convert the brakes to dual MC and since I will be using a T5 I need to get the trans cross member and hyd/cable clutch.

you might be in luck. I know a guy who makes all that stuff.... :roll

"Fst Blk" said:
LOL. I don't think it will be that bad. I'm liking this look for the 65. I think it looks better than the altered wheelbase garb lol.

2hd65gn.jpg

Bill
That is so frickin gross!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I haven't posted any progress in awhile. I did trade the 79 Foxbody for a Lincoln Versailes 9" for the 65
553659_2656099817799_1036038568_n.jpg

and I borrowed a 180 amp 250v mig welder. I'm thinking I don't have to travel this week so I may make some progress. I have been trying to get the old Chevy truck back together and running well. I haven't had much time to tinker on the 65.

Back