• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tarafied1's 65 Coupe

Got some trimming done and it fits pretty well. My body guy tells me i should "sleeve" the frame by plug welding some steel behind my butt joints. I think its not a bad ides.
mabaqyra.jpg

zery8e4u.jpg

2yhyruda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks son, I mean Bill...
I'm pretty stoked about it. Taking a bunch of junk and turning it into a car!

"tarafied1" said:
Thanks son, I mean Bill...
I'm pretty stoked about it. Taking a bunch of junk and turning it into a car!

You do good work Dad... I mean Craig :roll Your definitely saving this one. So, after all the shuffling of plans, where have you ended up being with this one? Drag car or street car?

Bill

Well, Joey (fordrule) bought the Falcon this weekend. The 65 Fastback deal fell through (my buddy just really didn't want to sell it). Soooooo.... I think this is going to be the drag car.
I can use a lot of the stuff that I got for the 67 drag car and still go racing. A T5 is probably not the best choice but I'm kinda thinking I will get the drive train all sorted out and maybe swap the BB from the 67 into the 65 and the 5.0 5 speed into the 67.

"tarafied1" said:
Well, Joey (fordrule) bought the Falcon this weekend. The 65 Fastback deal fell through (my buddy just really didn't want to sell it). Soooooo.... I think this is going to be the drag car.
I can use a lot of the stuff that I got for the 67 drag car and still go racing. A T5 is probably not the best choice but I'm kinda thinking I will get the drive train all sorted out and maybe swap the BB from the 67 into the 65 and the 5.0 5 speed into the 67.

Now, you're thinking. I think you'll love the high-reving 302 with a stick in the 67 street beast, you've got a nice set of T/W heads for it right? Then cruising on the P/T will be much more fun and won't break the bank either. That 429 with a NASTY cam and stall will breaks some hearts in that 65.

Bill

yeah, the 65 will be my test vehicle to get the 5.0 5 speed all sorted out. Then I can put it in the 67 and that will make installing AC easier too. The 429 in the 65 will freak people out!

Unfortunately not. I am currently in Dubai on business.
Here is a pic from the Novelis office. Its on the 9th floor of a building in the financial district That is the worlds tallest building.
2ydy9ude.jpg

And a Pepsi can...
datydeqy.jpg

Cool! I collect Pepsi and coke cans/bottles from my travels. I have them from Mexico, Pakistan, Isreal, and Germany. My sister-in-law has given me ones for Thailand, Australia Vietnam, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Not so sure i'd drink that with the slogan.... I hear it in a Bruce Willis voice from DieHard.
Was it free or dubai dat?
jon

"janschutz" said:
Cool! I collect Pepsi and coke cans/bottles from my travels. I have them from Mexico, Pakistan, Isreal, and Germany. My sister-in-law has given me ones for Thailand, Australia Vietnam, Hong Kong and Singapore.
well I will bring one on the Power Tour for ya...

"Jonk67" said:
Not so sure i'd drink that with the slogan.... I hear it in a Bruce Willis voice from DieHard.
Was it free or dubai dat?
jon

okay, that was bad... :barf1

I will say that I found a guy on the VMF who is restomodding this car....
1966mustang002_zps2c19c1ed.jpg

I made an offer on his take off parts (the parts my car is missing) I think we may have a deal. If I get them, I'm not painting the car. It will be drag raced in "barn find" condition.
I think they will be a good match for my rat-stang...
293287_4240465175469_976577210_n.jpg

nice find craig. I think I might need the other spindle since there is a difference between the two years. let me know when you get back in town...

parts came in, perfect patina! The color matches better than I imagined. It's gonna be a rat stang or barn fresh or whatever but now pretty much the whole car will be one color!
62720_4747212443834_294603108_n.jpg

544469_4747213203853_2053252191_n.jpg

554977_4747213843869_1126212732_n.jpg

Back