• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

I love railroad lanterns! I have a couple, may have to start decorating with them, too.

I'm getting bids right now for my house in San Carlos, Mexico. The front wall along the lot portion of my property is an ugly chainlink fence that lets all the dust and noise in from the street. I'm going to have a 6-foot-wall block wall put up with nice, nasty spears on top that match the ironwork on my gates and side wall along the driveway. Before stuccoing the interior face of the wall, which we can see from the front patio, we'll cement various large decorative tiles into it, scattering them around. Should look cool when it's done.

I thought steve's place was cool before he did all this stuff. Now if i could just roll over to his house like i had been planning to see this new stuff in person that be another thing... Keep it up man!!!

Started tearing out carpet today. We are carpeting the entire house in 2 weeks. Gotta love pets. Not.

Both bedrooms so far have pet stains on the sub floor. Once all the tear out is done we will put kilz on the floors.

maqejahy.jpg
za9yhy3y.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

"RapidRabbit" said:
We are carpeting the entire house in 2 weeks. Gotta love pets. Not.

Both bedrooms so far have pet stains on the sub floor.
Just curious Pat......won't you get the same results as before ??

The stains are mostly from previous owners pets. And our last cat is now gone so we are pet free except for a turtle.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Painted steps, porch posts--also picture of tree limbs I was tired of mowing around and proof that I live in corn country!

Attachments

• IMG_5766.JPG
    IMG_5766.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5772.JPG
    IMG_5772.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5771.JPG
    IMG_5771.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
The back patio was crap when we bought the house last year. I thought about removing it and building a new one, but didn't want to spend that much money on it. Decided to try paint. The deck and seat tops are Rustoleum Restore 10X. The reviews are split, we'll see how it holds up to 10 months of cold and snow. The rest is an exterior latex paint. The seat area used to be open with herbs planted. All it really was, was a place for weeds and Chipmunks. The deck now has lots of grip, even when wet. Maybe that'll keep me from falling this winter...A guy can hope! Had to R&R the steps too. They were nowhere near the appropriate size rise and run. It was only a matter of time before someone got hurt.

Before
Original.jpg

Steps re-do
Stepsdemo.jpg

Finished
photo.jpg

It's a lot better that's fo sho. It does make the warped boards stand out more I think, but in person, it's not so noticeable for some reason. It'll be interesting to see if it holds up to the weather abuse.

It also gives me another way to teach the dogs "jump" and work on other commands on a diff, textured surface. Hey, maybe I can write that off the taxes.........

We are in the middle of renovating the kitchen (again). Took out the wall between kitchen and dining room. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407035193.196021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407035280.243659.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407035312.910276.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407035359.194476.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407035382.909437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back