• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whatr are you doing to the Mustang today?

Nice looking adapters there for the pump. I mounted my command center in the same place on the coupe. Been there for over a year, daily driven. I have a holley red just outside the tank for my set-up tho.

HELP!!!!

Do I need a pilot bushing to mate this 351w (5.8L) to the C4? I was thinking yes, but I grabbed a socket for reference and it looks like it's already gonna be a snug fit.

I didn't see anyone else answer, but there is no pilot bushing/bearing on autos. The converter just bolts to the flex plate.

Interesting, I think I have the same pan...not installed yet. Z assured me the bar would clear either the Canton or Aviaid pan. I'm certain there are many using this same setup.

Thanks for clearing that up KB3!!

Yes, the engine is lowered using the RMP mounts. I asked and I thought I read where others had used the same combo without issue, well of course mine doesn't fit. :(

Well, I know your thoughts and prayers were with me so I figure I'd better give you the update: I was able to successfully install those hood bumpers. Disaster averted.

We were concerned Blake when we didn't here anything. Good to hear it went smoothly. :)

I'm detailing my 68 coupe for our MCA National Show in a couple weeks. Got the trunk and interior done today. Wanted to jack it up and clean underneath, but it's windy and blowing right into my garage. I'll try again tomorrow since the wind direction is supposed to shift.

87afaa5627feb14a5f3e84a493fc581f.jpg

All done with the fuel system under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to Z. I need to make a cardboard template so he can make a custom crossmember. I have to pull the crossmember off and get the engine completely mounted in order to do that, so off I go to the garage.

That is weird. I have a 302 block, TCP motor mounts and the 9 qt Canton pan and both the factory CM and Z's CM fit.

This would fit if it wasn't lowered. I don't think it needs much room, but thats my luck.

Good morning everyone.

I wasn't successful yesterday in getting the engine all the way in. I'll get it in today hopefully. I just have to remove the crossmember first.

Here's a pic of how its sitting now. The headers are going to be a blast to install....

2017-04-30_09-08-14 by Brett, on Flickr

Thats the FiTech fuel command center. Houses a high pressure fuel pump that feeds the EFI unit.

Thanks Paul! They are polished aluminum slant edge valve covers by Proform.

Thats the FiTech fuel command center. Houses a high pressure fuel pump that feeds the EFI unit.
sorry for all the questions, So it will pull fuel from the tank? And feed the EFI? Is the pump submerged in fuel to keep it cool? Very curious about this. Never seen or heard of it. thanks

Back