• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whatr are you doing to the Mustang today?

Got the driver's side header in place. It fits really well, I do need to grind down a bit of the block or try to bend the collector over a smidgen though. Header's are by Doug. Still need to try passenger side, hopefully no major issues there.

20170501_183506 by Brett, on Flickr

20170501_183523 by Brett, on Flickr

Replacing the water heater in the trailer.

8dbcbe512560351a5bc6e8204556146a.jpg

all that room! makes me want to put a smallblock back in my 67!
This is why I resisted temptation to go with a 351 based stroker in mine. Reality struck me that at this point I don't need the extra cubes/power as much as I will enjoy the ease of dealing with a 302 based block under the hood. At least for now. :confused:

This is why I resisted temptation to go with a 351 based stroker in mine. Reality struck me that at this point I don't need the extra cubes/power as much as I will enjoy the ease of dealing with a 302 based block under the hood. At least for now. :confused:
I stuffed a 460 in my 67 in 1990 and later swapped it for a 429. It's been a big block for 27 years. My wife leaves the house when ever I have to do anything involved with the headers!
I have a 94 HO 5.0 on an engine stand. Very tempting to just stuff that in there with the EFI and my new TKO...

There's a 55 gallon drum of Irony in that statement.

Added a nipple to the filler neck for the fuel command centers "vent". While I was at it I painted the filler neck black, didn't have any bare metal color. I sanded the filler neck because it was painted red. Also added a new gas cap I bought at the Portland Swap Meet for $20 new!
ab04f71b7714c2204fac65a46ff02a76.jpg

I would have pointed the nipple down more and up a little on the filler neck itself but the neck had some dings and I didn't think I'd get a good seal. This'll do for now till I get a new neck. First time drilling and tapping something also.
5e79ddd4a1ff0d0a0ac5f59d343592d6.jpg

Had to seal it somehow! Didn't want no fumes!
d14f1b2accf6b09507c1b62c99b9c911.jpg

Shiny new bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you say you are getting a new neck I will go ahead and point out that it's probably not the best location for that nipple. Something in the trunk could slide against it and snap it off or at least give it enough of a whack to crack the brass and allow fuel to leak. I would suggest either relocating it when you do it over or better yet weld up a guard to prevent such an accident.

As long as you say you are getting a new neck I will go ahead and point out that it's probably not the best location for that nipple. Something in the trunk could slide against it and snap it off or at least give it enough of a whack to crack the brass and allow fuel to leak. I would suggest either relocating it when you do it over or better yet weld up a guard to prevent such an accident.

That's the plan when I get a new one, this one will get me up and running though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the other header on. I had to slide the engine over a bit to get it in place. I am a bit concerned with how close the passenger header is to the idler arm mount. Might grind that down.

20170503_185902 by Brett, on Flickr

20170503_185924 by Brett, on Flickr

I also got the new clutch pedal in the mail. Now I can send the pedals and support to Mustang Steve to get the roller bearings installed.

Your clearances look alright. At least you have clearance. You should see what that engine looks like in a 65!

A conglomeration of the next few days...
I'll be repairing the lower cowl, patching the upper cowl, epoxy both, paint both, welding it all back together.

While waiting on stuff to dry, I'll be final fitting the doors (I have to adjust the quarter skinning job from a previous owner to match the contour of the door) and finishing some filler work.

This weekend, I am going to remove the engine compartment wiring harness to remove the wires for the regulator, try to find a short in the headlights and find out why the horns are not working. I hate the electrical stuff!!

This weekend, I am going to remove the engine compartment wiring harness to remove the wires for the regulator, try to find a short in the headlights and find out why the horns are not working. I hate the electrical stuff!!

Halfway to an AAW body harness at that point lol.

When I put my GT40P in to my 66 I Must of had the driver's side header in and out at least a dozen times to get everything fit right.

DSCN0475.JPG DSCN0439.JPG DSCN0438.JPG

Last edited:
Back