• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why were you banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFORCE

Well, I was in the grocery store the other day looking at those alternative type gossip magazines, like the Globe, the National Inquirer and such...(for my wife...of course) and so she says to put them down as they are worthless. Worthless? Worthless, then how come you had a subscription, once?? How can that be, they sell millions, people want to read this stuff, even if there is only a modicum of truth!

Wee-ELL it got me thinking, how about some internet gossip? Since this site seems to be more tolerant (we are the Dark Side aren't we?) than that three letter site I visit so frequently...then I thought maybe I shouldn't...then an epiphany! What would Dave do if he had this same thought! That trailblazer! So forging on, I ask you all,

Why were you banned!@$#!@@$#$#$#$^#~@$#~@R Why were your posts deleted? We need answers! What? Dave banned more than once! How, why, we demand answers...or at least it'd be interesting to know a little more.

Tell us all the juice! Give us the details!

Or maybe you know why others were banned (like that guy building the six figure back yard E), let's get that dirty laundry out! Let it rain!

:rain

I have not been banned. I don't think I'm particularly popular though.

This post may be better suited for the VGOFL.

I guess I could not even tell you if I've had posts deleted or not. I don't recall ever having a cross word with anyone there.
I've met some pretty good people as a result of being a member there.

I too post over there, still love the site. I guess I forgot about my own experience.

When I first started over "there," I was reading a harmless thread about some members car and there was this other member that made a kind of jealous remark. I posted "looks like someone is a little jealous" and the next day I went back and my post was gone? It wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out the member I was writing about was one of the administrators!...dodgestang.

Not much of a story, but it's all I got......that and I have the flu, my son, Cody, has the flu, my other son, Josh, just had it, we all had our flu shots, and it's raining here in Sunny AZ! This icon is exactly what is going through our house! :barf

So, give us something interesting, you bad boys!

Haven't been banned...but I don't post too much in either forum..........I have some semblance of a life... :lol

I have not been banned either, but have had post deleted,words censored, or been in a thread that was deleted.

Most of the time it had to do with Politics or Global warming.

Which is why having the Whoop Arse and Very Grumpy Old Farts Lounge are brilliant

On this site we have ,In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "This,That,and the other Thing"

:lol :lol :lol :lol Something for someone to really follow and report...... :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was banned due to making a few comments concerning the famous nicks thread, which was later removed totally and he was also banned. Never had a post removed that I knew of until that thread. Guess I didn't kiss the correct spot......on the correct person....don't read much at all there now.

Not banned there and frequent both sites daily. I have had a number of posts deleted for legitimate reasons (rules are rules, even if you don't agree with them).

In fact, the only issue that I really have with the other site is that the vast majority of people I used to interact with on a regular basis are now here. While I still frequent the other site, this one feels more like the other one used to.

Banned? Moi? Not at this present time, but I rarely visit that site anymore. I logged on last night to wish everyone over there a Merry Christmas, but other than that, most everyone is here now.

There have always been multiple Classic Mustang forums to visit. For a while the VMF and StangNet were two of the more popular sites. StangNet was more "wide open" and the VMF more "reserved". I joined the VMF back in 2001. It was a much simpler time. The forum was MUCH smaller back then. In my opinion, something slowly started changing at the VMF.... it seemed as if the "tolerance level" took a nose dive as the years went by. What used to be a "family" of friends who tolerated each others quirks.... turned into "I'm tired of this guy so let's ban him". What happened to "family"? Both of my brothers are idiots, but I'd still give them the shirt off my back. No matter what stupid thing they say or do, family is family, I won't "dismiss" them.

Like Sluggo, I bare no ill-will towards the VMF or any of their members. What I don't understand is why some feel that both places can't co-exist. There's still a few good guys over there that I'll miss not hearing from regularly. Todd (ObsidianSpider) is one of them. I PM'ed him last night asking him to register here to at least come wish everyone a Merry Christmas and he stated that he didn't want to "make any waves". I assured him it wouldn't make any waves here, but what has the mentality become over there that Todd would feel it better to not belong to both sites?

Yes, I've been banned from there at least three times that I can remember. Every time it was my own darn fault. I either said something really stupid or "barked up the wrong tree" when I knew better.

Never been banned and I've never had a post deleted (that I can remember). If I did, I probably didn't care either.

I still visit there, just don't post as much as I do here. I still like VMF and the people that remain over there - it's just the site "feels" way different now since the change over. Feels "cold" to me. But I'm still looking forward to CornFeed none the less.

"daveSanborn" said:
Banned? Moi? Not at this present time, but I rarely visit that site anymore. I logged on last night to wish everyone over there a Merry Christmas, but other than that, most everyone is here now.

There have always been multiple Classic Mustang forums to visit. For a while the VMF and StangNet were two of the more popular sites. StangNet was more "wide open" and the VMF more "reserved". I joined the VMF back in 2001. It was a much simpler time. The forum was MUCH smaller back then. In my opinion, something slowly started changing at the VMF.... it seemed as if the "tolerance level" took a nose dive as the years went by. What used to be a "family" of friends who tolerated each others quirks.... turned into "I'm tired of this guy so let's ban him". What happened to "family"? Both of my brothers are idiots, but I'd still give them the shirt off my back. No matter what stupid thing they say or do, family is family, I won't "dismiss" them.

Like Sluggo, I bare no ill-will towards the VMF or any of their members. What I don't understand is why some feel that both places can't co-exist. There's still a few good guys over there that I'll miss not hearing from regularly. Todd (ObsidianSpider) is one of them. I PM'ed him last night asking him to register here to at least come wish everyone a Merry Christmas and he stated that he didn't want to "make any waves". I assured him it wouldn't make any waves here, but what has the mentality become over there that Todd would feel it better to not belong to both sites?

Yes, I've been banned from there at least three times that I can remember. Every time it was my own darn fault. I either said something really stupid or "barked up the wrong tree" when I knew better.
Well said Dave. And yes, I'm in total agreement about not understanding why people have to dis the other place. As far as I'm concerned, it's all about Mustangs.
Stan

I peruse both sites, mostly because you guys and gals dont post enough or fast enough over here to keep me from getting bored while I'm at work..... I enjoy the openness over here. Never been banned, but have had some posts deleted. There are a million and one forums on the web, the fact that some find a site like this threatening is kinda ridiculous. I probably link more VNF threads in posts over here than I link Stangfix posts in threads on VMF, just to keep the waves down. Stangfix has an awesome gallery so I host most all my pictures here and use them in posts on VMF, not to rub anyones nose in it, only because of the ease of access our gallery provides.

"Sluggo" said:
This post may be better suited for the VGOFL.

:skull

I frequent both places daily--for me, it's all about what new thing I'll learn or be able to apply to working on my Mustangs.

Haven't been banned, but every-time someone would ask where the heck some of the long time members had gone off too...I would answer with stangfix...and the thread would get zipped off into the unknown? Really sort of stupid and childish IMHO. But I still like some of the stuff over there...but this place is setup much better!!! Good job guys! :coo

I have not been banned from VMF.

Most who have been banned probably won't know the precise reasons. For some reason, the moderators (and I was one for a long time) over there won't take the time to warn the offender, or otherwise give a reason. When I brought this up in their Moderator's Forum, I was chastised for this approach. The philosophy appears to be to delete entire threads rather than take the time to excise the offending remarks from the post or delete the response to the thread. Sort of like using an ax when a scalpel is needed.

[admin]Thats why we have these cool modify tools[/admin]

"aslan" said:
not understanding why people have to dis the other place.
Stan

Well that door can certainly swing both ways.

I'm banned. I pushed the envelope a few times that stirred the nerves of some people. Mostly anti-cat posts. But, the banning came from calling someone out for some blatant hypocrisy and violations of rules that were supposed to be enforced for everyone. I knew it was gonna happen when I was doing it. No big deal. "Blue65coupe" is still banned. My alter ego has like 5 posts and are generally to answer a specific Mustang question. I'd like to see Todd (obsidianspider) and Robert (he has the fb with his daughter in the car) over here. I'm not real sure why some would refrain from joining over here as not to "make waves" over there. If it was TRULY "ALL ABOUT THE CARS", things like that wouldn't be an issue. I actually miss yakking it up with Brian (bbenthin) and would love to see him in the pw boards here. No real news here but I have two statements to make concerning this topic:

1: If it wasn't for VMF, I would have probably never met you guys (some in person, others in internetland) and this place may not have started like it did. This place didn't start to "compete" despite what some would have you believe. It started to be a little more laid back.

--and--

2. If it WAS truly about the cars, there would be NO ill will with mentioning one site on the other.

I'm not banned over there either. I frequent both sides all the time. VMF has years of threads to search, which really has helped in my restoration. As others have said, this place is more laid back.
I really appreciate both sites for what they offer!

I also have not been banned from the VMF. I did not "agree" with the way some were treated while other were not treated equally. I said my piece in what I thought would be a "blaze of glory," but it was just deleted. I check in at the VMF everynow and then. IndyCanard let me know that some pics I had posted on Emergency Flasher switches had gone bad on a post over there, so I went and fixed them and sent a pm to someone who had inquired about the pictures in June (yeah, it had been that long) to let him know that I had fixed the links and that he could find me here if he had any other questions. I completely agree that there is a wealth of information on the VMF and because of it, I have made many friends that I will keep for life. I just personally spend my time here now.

Couple things,

Stan why is it that you are the only one that seems to brings up problems between the two sites? Do you enjoy the thought of people bickering? I dont think there is any tension or problems. I still remember when you edited a few responses from me a few years ago to make yourself look favorable....remember that?

Why isnt this in the gum flappers area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back