• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why were you banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
"silverblueBP" said:
This place reminds me of a bunch of guys hanging out in a garage just shoot'n the shart, able to talk about any and all things that come to mind. The VMF has turned more into a place like a corporate office, you can talk about some things, but others are off limits due to PC.

With all the hot air in this virtual garage we shouldn't have to worry about heating it..

"Sluggo" said:
Since you are a member of both sites, I can only assume you apply this same philosophy and pose that same question elsewhere. If not your objective here must be to defend the homeland.

Don't tell me you would harbor no ill feelings if you were booted off this site and not given an explanation.

You and ANYONE else from VMF are welcome here.
I don't talk about this site on VMF. And yes, I really, really try to make it all about Mustangs. Sometimes people say things that I need to say something about.
And yes, I really think that everyone who gets banned (wherever!) needs some sort of explanation. Not all of the moderators think the same.
I do appreciate the majority of people here who have welcomed me. I'm really not the bad guy 'cause I'm a moderator. I'm not the only one here too.
Stan

I havent seen or heard of anyone being banned since the new owners took over, not that it hasnt happened, just hasnt been discussed much, there or here. If I edit a post here I try and send the OP a PT to let them know why. We are also setup to show when a post is edited by the OP or an admin/moderator.

I know a number of other sites will edit a persons post, and add something like "contents removed/edited for content" or something like that. Personally, I'd use one of these:

Attachments

• banned.gif
    banned.gif
    5 KB · Views: 99
  • leavetheinternet.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 100
  • notfunny.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 95
  • pebkac.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 93
  • thumb_buckleup.gif
    thumb_buckleup.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 80
  • thumb_getthatshit7pl2vq.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 100
"cmayna" said:
They don't like Mankini's over there. That's why !!!

This may come as a surprise but a bloke in a mankini with a pair of hairy beanbags hanging out is not a pretty sight anywhere

"scedd" said:
This may come as a surprise but a bloke in a mankini with a pair of hairy beanbags hanging out is not a pretty sight anywhere
Ok...I could have gone a VERY long time without that mental picture.... :barf

"aslan" said:
I don't talk about this site on VMF. And yes, I really, really try to make it all about Mustangs. I'm really not the bad guy 'cause I'm a moderator. I'm not the only one here too.
Stan

No one is saying you are a bad guy. I'm not trying to be an ass, but you validated my point with the above highlighted statement.

You are all over any post about VMF here. If you are going to be the champion for unity, spread it around.

My last post on this issue: I actually tried to get someone who was banned on VMF reinstated. To no avail. So yes, I'm trying to unify us at both places. Let's let this lie. Dead horse as far as I am concerned. So let's get back to our cars. OK?
Stan

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Found this in my archives:

boratavmfMerryXmas.jpg

boratavmfWE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and on the same thought line as 66gt350............I could have gone the rest of MY LIFE without that pic!

I enjoy both sites, never been banned at either.

Perhaps, one of my all time favorite threads was the one about DaveSanborns son getting in trouble with the law for offroading on some loggingtrail.

That and the guy who talked in 3rd person ?? Was his name Jack?

What about Tonys65Pony !?? I wonder if that guy ever got his car ? or better yet why was he never banned.

There have been some real characters over the years...

"vamustang" said:
I enjoy both sites, never been banned at either.

Perhaps, one of my all time favorite threads was the one about DaveSanborns son getting in trouble with the law for offroading on some loggingtrail.

That and the guy who talked in 3rd person ?? Was his name Jack?

What about Tonys65Pony !?? I wonder if that guy ever got his car ? or better yet why was he never banned.

There have been some real characters over the years...

Daves jeep story was priceless.... That was my first taste of the sanborn episodes... you bring up a good point chris, that guy was Rdave. Anybody ever hear about him and tony? I bet its in some sort of litigation now.

I've never been banned, but i thought i was going to be once. A few threads i was in were deleted, and i did have a few edited. Only remember one time i was told why, and i didn't necessarily agree with it.

Dang, thought this was about being banned. I thought there was an increase of those banned and I find out most of the replies are "I wasn't banned". hmmmmm.

I have not been banned

I used to live and breathe the VMF. Then in November of 06 I took delivery of my 07 Mustang. Well the VMF is all about Vintage Mustangs duh. Sometime in the summer of 06 someone posted a question as to some other Mustang sites. Bob posted links to at least 5 other sites, no not that Bob, BobV aka cloney. I checked them out and found that I liked mustangforums. Yes it is filled with a lot of teenagers, but they were so much more liberal. Politics, religion and sex were not off limits. It is a very popular site and it attracts some morons. Needless to say the morons do get the banhammer. Not only was that site more liberal they had more info on the S197 Mustangs (S197 = 05 and beyond). Then Bob installed a program, or whatever you call this thing to let us post and make new threads, that had a bug in it. The mods were unable to edit their own posts, unless they had privileges in that forum. So my posting just about came to a standstill.
I still check in at the VMF just to see what is going on in the mod forum and in my little world the SoCal forum. And I have been posting again since I can now edit my posts again.
As far as I know I have never had a post deleted, not counting a thread that I posted in that got deleted because of someone else. Have I deleted any threads? Yep, the ones that I was asked to and old posts in the for sale/trade section in my little world.
Back to mustangforums for a moment. They are a huge forum and sponsor driven and they have forbidden words, competition of the sponsors, so I got used to that policy. No big deal to me. I have seen it mentioned, someone tried to post that name and it came up as *** because it was set as a bad word, and the poster was like what the *** why can't I say ***. Then someone would post about it being a bad word, sponsor, bla bla bla. I am trying to make a point, I am also saying it is not that hard to edit a post and send a pm as to why. I am still waiting for my Doctor to give me the medical term so that I can tell it to my SWMBO. :craz These sites are run by human beings and subject to human emotions. So when comes to being banned and unbanned it has to something to do with how much you are liked and disliked. I look at it this way and I only use high school as a example because it is a large social setting and my daughter is there now too. The group of friends that my daughter has today is not the same as the ones she had a year ago, and will not be the same ones a year from now. It was the same for me in high school. So why should it be any different now?
This is why I have been putting off responding to this thread, because I knew that my answer was not going to be very short. fd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back