• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why were you banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, I'm still a believer in competition makes for a better situation. I don't know if I'm in the minority or majority but it's something that is beyond my control.
Stan

"aslan" said:
John, I'm still a believer in competition makes for a better situation. I don't know if I'm in the minority or majority but it's something that is beyond my control.
Stan

Only the moderators on the VMF think of the other sites as competition. You didn't really answer the question, so I'm going to assume that it is still a rule that you cannot mention other sites on VMF. Until they get over that, I don't see how anyone can "put this behind us" because it's still "in front of us" on the VMF.

"johnpro" said:
Only the moderators on the VMF think of the other sites as competition. You didn't really answer the question, so I'm going to assume that it is still a rule that you cannot mention other sites on VMF. Until they get over that, I don't see how anyone can "put this behind us" because it's still "in front of us" on the VMF.

I agree. One good thing seems to have happened... there for a while, every time the word "stangfix" was mentioned, it was either automatically bleeped-out to read "****" and/or the OP was beat down like a bad habit.

That doesn't seem to be happening now, which is a distinct improvement.

"gotstang" said:
I agree. One good thing seems to have happened... there for a while, every time the word "stangfix" was mentioned, it was either automatically bleeped-out to read "****" and/or the OP was beat down like a bad habit.

That doesn't seem to be happening now, which is a distinct improvement.

Yep, that's not happening....the thread is deleted instead!

Mine was! then when I complained publicly instead of sending a PM to a Mod, it was deleted as well!

I still participate over there, but I feel like there are some small minds there and the content has degraded. There are really a ton of people there that want to hack up the cars....So, I guess those of us with cars that are basically stock will see a rise of value at some time. Seems to be a bunch of noobs that are used to doing either GM stuff or Mopars. Not the same respect for the cars.

I also note that there are a lot of real young guys over there that don't have the knowledge. We were all there once, but these guys don't use search and post the same topic with in days....

Sigh.....

I also feel there is no regard from the staff over there for those of us who have been around for years and been loyal to that site. Now for me, it is just another site I check and post to when I feel like it. Nothing more.

Mel

Therapy for the banned

I look at the thread like this as not :dh but as therapy for those that have been banned for no reason. Yes there are some who will never get over it, but then there are some who I feel that by posting here and reading the plight of others it has helped them. One member even went as far to say that he would go back if he got an apology and a reason why. The vmf is not going to go away, and it will rebound and time goes on. SF will only continue to grow as time goes on. fd

John, sorry I didn't directly answer your question. Since I don't talk about SF over at VMF and since some of the higher ups think SF is "competition," you can't use it. I personally don't agree, like I've said before. I know that Laurie and I are on the same page with that point.

Never opened my mouth enough to get banned but have been on VMF since the early aughts. At least since RAMFM got real slow and I found the other forums. The last 2 years I've been wondering where everyone I recognized went. Stumbled over this Forum recently on a link from the FE group I think and was amazed with all the folks I recognized. And a lot of you guys are people who's insite and comments were appreciated.

I also like the open ball busting and camaraderie I see more frequently over here. Found a new link for the toolbar.

"69RestoRod" said:
Never opened my mouth enough to get banned but have been on VMF since the early aughts. At least since RAMFM got real slow and I found the other forums. The last 2 years I've been wondering where everyone I recognized went. Stumbled over this Forum recently on a link from the FE group I think and was amazed with all the folks I recognized. And a lot of you guys are people who's insite and comments were appreciated.

I also like the open ball busting and camaraderie I see more frequently over here. Found a new link for the toolbar.

I got a lump in throat reading that. Sounds like you're gonna fit in well around here. Welcome!

"aslan" said:
John, sorry I didn't directly answer your question. Since I don't talk about SF over at VMF and since some of the higher ups think SF is "competition," you can't use it. I personally don't agree, like I've said before. I know that Laurie and I are on the same page with that point.

So until they change their ways, Stan, there is no way to "put this behind us".

I've never understood what the VMF "higher ups" think they and the other sites are "competing" for. Most members? Most worthless posts? No one else sees it as a competition. We just find all of the forums different avenues for finding information to rebuild and/or modify our cars. I think all of those "higher ups" that never built a car without the internet have any appreciation for the information that now exists at our fingertips in ALL of these forums.

"johnpro" said:
I've never understood what the VMF "higher ups" think they and the other sites are "competing" for. Most members? Most worthless posts? No one else sees it as a competition.

Yes. VMF is now part of a commerical endeavor - and as such, # of members or# of posts, or # of visits, or something like that determines the ad revenue they can get. So, to them there is competition from the other sites - even if the other sites don't think they are competing.

I haven't posted on the subject yet, but it seems to me that the entire issue boils down to that - the VMF ownership and focus has changed.

I still occasionally go over to VMF, but find it different & not as lively or informative. Still like the old threads for info, and the search function is much better than the old one.

"aslan" said:
John you're preaching to the choir. I can't even imagine what it would be like without the net.
Stan

Stan, then why don't you ask/pose that question over at the VMF moderators secret board? Are you afraid that you'll get banned too? Or worse, get stripped of your powers?

...if so, that's just sad.

Stan, then why don't you ask/pose that question over at the VMF moderators secret board? Are you afraid that you'll get banned too? Or worse, get stripped of your powers?

Holy moly......

Here's an idea, how about we just let the VMF do their thing and we'll do ours. Why must there be some "bond" or "understanding" between the two sites? If the VMF refuses to publicly acknowledge our presence..... who gives a rats arse? What do we need from them in order to exist happily? An apology? It's a little late for that.

It's obvious to me that we're doing things "right" here and they're "not so much" over there. Our membership numbers are growing rapidly. Notice that approx. 20% of the new members here are old VMF'ers who within their first post thank their lucky stars for finding StangFix and what used to be the heart and soul of the VMF.

We have become what the VMF once was.

"daveSanborn" said:
Holy moly......

Here's an idea, how about we just let the VMF do their thing and we'll do ours. Why must there be some "bond" or "understanding" between the two sites? If the VMF refuses to publicly acknowledge our presence..... who gives a rats arse? What do we need from them in order to exist happily? An apology? It's a little late for that.
Amen!
Some of you sound like bitchy ex-wives.... :cry :dh

"daveSanborn" said:
Holy moly......

It's obvious to me that we're doing things "right" here and they're "not so much" over there. Our membership numbers are growing rapidly. Notice that approx. 20% of the new members here are old VMF'ers who within their first post thank their lucky stars for finding StangFix and what used to be the heart and soul of the VMF.

Nicely done Dave.
I was about to suggest something similar. It gets kind of old from my perspective to have posts about VMF dominate the thread count and post popularity.

I think this thread has done a good job of sorting out who's who and what their objectives are.
We're us and they are them.
So...[smg id=3563]

I wish I could have gotten lucky enough to just get the "bitchy" Ex. But NO... I had to get bitchy, combined with certifiably crazy, sprinkled with dash of psychotic...

"apollard" said:
Yes. VMF is now part of a commerical endeavor - and as such, # of members or# of posts, or # of visits, or something like that determines the ad revenue they can get. So, to them there is competition from the other sites - even if the other sites don't think they are competing.

I believe that to be true but they're driving members away!

+1 Well said Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back