• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why were you banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
"daveSanborn" said:
Holy moly......

Here's an idea, how about we just let the VMF do their thing and we'll do ours. Why must there be some "bond" or "understanding" between the two sites? If the VMF refuses to publicly acknowledge our presence..... who gives a rats arse? What do we need from them in order to exist happily? An apology? It's a little late for that.

It's obvious to me that we're doing things "right" here and they're "not so much" over there. Our membership numbers are growing rapidly. Notice that approx. 20% of the new members here are old VMF'ers who within their first post thank their lucky stars for finding StangFix and what used to be the heart and soul of the VMF.

We have become what the VMF once was.

Here...Here. Very nicely put. I agree 1000%, and again I'll thank my lucky stars for you guys putting together a great forum!!

I agree that the posts about VMF here aren't very productive and probably getting old. I think that my case is a little more disturbing than just getting banned, but even then, I choose not to participate anymore for other reasons, so it's really irrelevant that my account is gone. I guess that it would be nice if my user name was there so that folks would know who authored my posts instead of just "Guest." I think I had around 10k posts, which was a considerable effort over the years.

"daveSanborn" said:
Holy moly......

Here's an idea, how about we just let the VMF do their thing and we'll do ours. Why must there be some "bond" or "understanding" between the two sites? If the VMF refuses to publicly acknowledge our presence..... who gives a rats arse? What do we need from them in order to exist happily? An apology? It's a little late for that.

It's obvious to me that we're doing things "right" here and they're "not so much" over there. Our membership numbers are growing rapidly. Notice that approx. 20% of the new members here are old VMF'ers who within their first post thank their lucky stars for finding StangFix and what used to be the heart and soul of the VMF.

We have become what the VMF once was.

Well said dave.

"Sluggo" said:
Nicely done Dave.
I was about to suggest something similar. It gets kind of old from my perspective to have posts about VMF dominate the thread count and post popularity.

I think this thread has done a good job of sorting out who's who and what their objectives are.
We're us and they are them.
So...[smg id=3563]

Well said, Occifer Sluggo Barbrady. :rofl

Maybe we ought to add a rule stating "thou shalt not discuss VMF"? It's like bitching about a PITA ex-girlfriend...it's fun, but you don't accomplish sh!t and you end up pissed off when you're done.

Maybe we ought to add a rule stating "thou shalt not discuss VMF"?

... and before you know it we'll be tripping over 1000 stupid little rules.... and I'll actually have to use my moderator power for something.... and because I'm mostly computer illiterate will accidentally delete an entire forum instead of 3 words within a thread. No, less rules are better, trust me!

One of the great things about this site is that we have different boards where we can post/talk about just about anything without repercussions. The topic of "the VMF" will inevitably surface every once in a while as new members arrive and make comparisons from the VMF to this site. We just need to remember that a lot of us came from the VMF, it used to be a funner place.... and now we're here. Decisions have been made over there that some of us don't necessarily agree with. So be it, move on, get over it. We're here and we're fine. Life is good.

This is kind of dragging on and becoming a :dh post. I'm gonna lock the topic but leave it for people to read. I dont see how anything said here is going to change anything. We can not speculate on why VMF does what it does or change how they do it. We are all grown ups, if you want to surf and post on both, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back