• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why were you banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I post both places. I still like both places. I prefer this one! The other one has bugs and they get fixed and then come back, so frustrating to have to log in again after reading a long thread and responding to find out you were logged off.

Anyway, besides the cold feeling there and the fact that there is a bunch of misinformation and a bunch of noobs, it is fine. Nothing against noobs, but it seems that they don't do a search first and find the info, they just post again. Like what size tires and rims weekly post....hehehehe is is somewhat amusing.

I know people over there are still good people and I don't understand the paranoia either. I enjoy the freedom here.

I have over the many years I have been a member there that I have had many posts just come up missing. No one over there seems to know who or why they were deleted...Recently, there have been a few posts of mine deleted, all of them focused around this site. Too bad.

Last year my WE gift over there was super late, this year I got a call while I was elbow deep in grease, telling me my gift would be late. Just send me a lump of coal!

Between the two there is some great info and knowledge. You must be careful over there now as there are a buch of Chevy guys building Fords who think they know everything and don't. Here you have to be careful to be accurate or you will soon be corrected! I like that.

Enough making this thread longer and longer and longer......

Hehehehehe

I am glad we can laugh at things here!

Mel

"napaguy" said:
Couple things,

Stan why is it that you are the only one that seems to brings up problems between the two sites? Do you enjoy the thought of people bickering? I dont think there is any tension or problems. I still remember when you edited a few responses from me a few years ago to make yourself look favorable....remember that?

Why isnt this in the gum flappers area?
Make me look favorable? I really don't remember doing that but I do remember you making some stupid comment that needed editing. But that's water under the bringe. However, I'm not the one who keeps bring up us vs. them. It's comments from various people when someone comes over from VMF that continues the issue.
Stan

Alright, now I'll start to pull out the mod powers. Take it to a pm. We have very few rules here but one of them is "if you're gonna discuss someone else from another site or another site in general, do it in a public board for them to see and respond if they want". If they don't want to respond, so be it. We're not gonna microscope all the posts and worry if someone gets their feelings hurt and edit every freakin' thing that's "offensive". If you don't like what you see, ignore it. If it's out of line, a mod will address the issue. You may or may not be "the one bringing it up" but continually bringing up "who's bringing it up" is getting kinda old.

I was banned in the GT500918 Great Stuff Eleanor thread for pissing the big guy off. I have a new user-name and like to check out the track and mod threads. Lots of good stuff in there.

"aslan" said:
Make me look favorable? I really don't remember doing that but I do remember you making some stupid comment that needed editing. But that's water under the bringe. However, I'm not the one who keeps bring up us vs. them. It's comments from various people when someone comes over from VMF that continues the issue.
Stan

Stan,
Of course you dont remember editing my posts...funny how you remember that I said something stupid though...dumb[gmod]word for donkey that can't be used outside of a pw board due to cursing rule[/gmod]

I will say one more thing to you then Im going back to my jeep forum.....

have a merry christmas

Rick,
I would love to share pics....I just didnt think anybody would be interested. Give me a couple days. Have a merry christmas and spoil that kid of yours rotten would ya'?

I like Jeeps... I had a 67 CJ5 with a V6 that would twist the driveshaft like a can of "Pop n Fresh Dough" if you wanted it to!! I actually did that one time... then drove it home with just the front axle in 4WD... big mistake... trashed the front gears...

Thing was a beast in the woods though

"napaguy" said:
Rick,
I would love to share pics....I just didnt think anybody would be interested.

hell yeah we (I) want to see! Heck, I'm posting my ratrod build here - so why not your jeep?

"napaguy" said:
Stan,
Of course you dont remember editing my posts...funny how you remember that I said something stupid though...dumbword for donkey that can't be used outside of a pw board due to cursing rule

I will say one more thing to you then Im going back to my jeep forum.....

have a merry christmas
Same back to you!
Stan

Well, thats only because on top of being a post whore, I'm also a picture whore...among a few other whores that we can't discuss in this board.

Thanks Pat, he is definitely getting spoiled, again.... Happy holidays!

I was banned in July 2008. I pissed a moderator off because I stood up to him for being a jerk. Bob quickly unbanned me.

I've never been banned either. I have had posts removed both here and VMF. My fault in both cases of some comments that should never been made. I frequent the mod section on VMF daily but have not seen much over there that catches my eye anymore. The topics have really slowed down since this site has started to grow.

I haven't been banned either and still post on both boards. I did question why a thread must be deleted in it's entirety rather then just deleting the offensive post. When I questioned it I was told by one mod that it was too much trouble to delete just the offensive post and another said that you had to delete the entire thread.

"aslan" said:
Well said Dave. And yes, I'm in total agreement about not understanding why people have to dis the other place. As far as I'm concerned, it's all about Mustangs.
Stan

Since you are a member of both sites, I can only assume you apply this same philosophy and pose that same question elsewhere. If not your objective here must be to defend the homeland.

Don't tell me you would harbor no ill feelings if you were booted off this site and not given an explanation.

You and ANYONE else from VMF are welcome here.

I live and breathe this place (I have no life), I still go to the VMF every once in awhile.

This place reminds me of a bunch of guys hanging out in a garage just shoot'n the shart, able to talk about any and all things that come to mind. The VMF has turned more into a place like a corporate office, you can talk about some things, but others are off limits due to PC.

Check out the Politics forum and you'll see some fairly heated discussions with opposing viewpoints, but somehow we manage to keep it civil. No one's gone Postal.......yet! Speaking of, where's Jack?

I read the VMF track forum since I'm the only one that posts in this one :ecit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back