• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wipers! stopped

Mike , look at the groundstrap that connect the firewall to the engine's . Maybe there is a bad contact. Or take the black cable from the jump start cables and make a connection from the minuspole from the battery to the chassis or to the master brake cylinder for example.

Ground cable from firewall to engine block is tight. Neg Cable from battery to engine block is tight.

Like I said I need another person to look at this.

Bruno....closed borders be damned...hop on a plane and get over here.:p

Ground cable from firewall to engine block is tight. Neg Cable from battery to engine block is tight.

Like I said I need another person to look at this.

Bruno....closed borders be damned...hop on a plane and get over here.:p

I will be happy to come by and assist, once we are free to roam again!

Thanks Ken. Please do.
Definitely in no rush...thought I would have it done before MITM but who knows if even that will happen.

After all this craziness a nice drive and some mustang work will be good therapy!!

It's possible that the wiring hookup to the motor is incorrect, despite the near match of colors. It's time to find the true function of the motor wires and then compare them to the Ford version. You (and I) made a good, educated guess, but it appears our guess may be wrong.

Since I have a 69 with a motor driven washer pump, I've always wondered what everyone was talking about with the foot pump on some older vehicles. This is what I've been able to pick-up so far: its located down by the headlight dimmer switch on the floor, its a manual foot pump to spray washer fluid. What I don't understand is why the electrical connections. There are four wires going into the "washer/wiper coordination switch". Does it stop the motor while you manually pump? If so why is this necessary? What needs coordinating? I must be missing something here, as every washer I've ever seen sprays while the wipers are moving. Just curious.

According to the wiring info I found online using the footswitch is supposed to sync the spray with the wipers.

If you did end up guessing which wire was which I have to agree you need to either call NPD (the source) and have them confirm the wiring or even better open up that motor, as I said earlier, and confirm the function of each wire. It's not that difficult.

OH I called NPD...they had nothing on the motor. Gave me their vendor...Dynacorn. I called them. They sent a schematic of the motor (dimensions) with a side note of the color wires and their function.

WHITE----Park
RED----Power 12V+
GREEN----Low speed
BLUE-----High speed

BLACK----seperate thin wire with spade not in quick disconnect box

The above is in total DISAGREEMENT with VMF post

Now the Ford connector wiring color code

BLUE #56
WHITE #58
RED #63
BLACK #615A

So matching up colors then BLACK to GREEN is default.

That's what I did.
What would I change?
If I knew what colors on the FORD diagram did what maybe that way I could align them.

Should I take VMF CMayna's suggestion that

Blue is your fast speed wire
White is your slow speed wire

OR

VMF franklinair's suggestion with the speeds flipped
Black= Ground
White= Hi speed +12VDC
Blue= Lo speed +12VDC

Can someone with knowledge of wiring schematics look at a wiring schematic and determine what each wire does in the motor?

Maybe that way we can maybe prove Dynacorn’s wiring wrong.

20200322_094542.jpg20200322_094550.jpg20200322_094555.jpg20200322_094610.jpg

Attachments

• 20200322_094542.jpg
    20200322_094542.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 2
So that would mean the NEW motor
Motor_______Ford
BLUE------BLUE #54 ......High speed
GREEN----WHITE #58.....Low speed
RED-------RED #63.......????? Power 12v?
WHITE----BLACK #615A......????? Park?

Are the last two correct?

Currently the motor does PARK when switched off.

Can someone with knowledge of wiring schematics look at a wiring schematic and determine what each wire does in the motor?
Yes... possibly, but not without your help. What you are showing is a wire diagram, not a schematic. I can only understand what should happen if I turn it into a schematic- that is what tells an electrical engineer how it works. Fortunately I am one. A wire diagram shows people where the wires connect- that's a much different thing. I've been trying to understand the purpose of the "coordination switch". Happily the wire diagram shows what is happening schematically inside the motor, but it doesn't for the dash switch. That shouldn't be a problem- given enough information I can deduce how it should work. The coordination switch may show what happens, but its a little difficult to make it out. So, if you want to proceed, here are my first set of questions;
1. When it was working properly, describe how the foot switch worked- because I can envision a couple of possibilities. If you don't know, do you happen to have an owners manual that describes what is supposed to happen? Maybe someone on here could help?
2. Can you use an ohmmeter? If you can't you are going to need to learn, but its not difficult. This will take a fair amount of back and forth, but we'll get there. We both need to be patient. I often assume people know more than they do, so I may ask what seem to be stupid questions.
3. Please take my advice and STOP aimlessly plugging wires in when you aren't sure where they go, or you could easily cause a short, melt insulation off wires, or blow up some or all of the components in the circuit. Sorry, but it drives me crazy when people do that. Perhaps you already have damaged components, but we'll figure that out once I understand how the circuit was designed to operate.

FYI, the wiper circuit on my 69 is one of my favorite on the car, because there is some real science going on there. I won't get into it now, but I'll explain once I understand specifically how your 67 works. I'm sure the 69 is a derivative of the 67.

The foot pedal gives a single swipe of the wipers along with a spritz of washer fluid. It's wires are white, red, black (goes to dash switch) and another black (goes to 4 pin plug beyond firewall). The white and red wires on the pedal are tied to the white and red wires on the dash switch and firewall plug.

MIke, I've used the "reply button" on three of your emails and gotten failed delivery notices and all. Yes you can post the schematics, perhaps it will help someone else with a 67 wiper problem. Glad to help.
Terry

Yeah mine bounced too....to you....I resent...toss it...no need to bother you more.

So I mowed the lawn

Oh and I fixed the wiper system.
With the help of Mach 1 Driver (Terry).

I have it all back together but not final because I'm waiting on those clips that hold the wiper arms under the dash on the pivot arm.

I'll write up a seperate post about how the wiper switch works and motor wiring (for a new motor from Dynacorn which was the main problem)

Back