• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wipers! stopped

Mike will do a write-up telling how all this was resolved, but here is a schematic (not wire diagram) showing how a 1967 wiper system works. It is the same system as my 69 with the addition of the pump pedal and coordination switch. When you press the pedal it squirts the windshield via a manual pump, and turns the wiper motor on low for as long as your foot is on the pedal. When you release the pedal the motor will continue until the blades are down and parked.
9cFYrwn.jpg

S3mU2oN.jpg

MaQgts6.jpg

bxNENFn.jpg

Last edited:
So the motor is installed. Wipers mechanism arms are on the motor pivot....BUT

When I removed the holding clip it flew off with a PING! Never to be seen again...or at least until a full resto is done on the car.

So I ordered a couple clips from Ebay. Should have arrived Wednesday. Nothing. Then I get a text from my son who just moved to Wisconsin. Guess who got my delivery? Now wait some more.

Heck I ain't goin' nowhere nohow. Shhhheeeet gal dammit:p

Mike:
What did you determine was the original cause of the wipers not working? The motor suddenly went bad?

Probably all my fault anyway. Not sure if the original motor is bad (I should check but I'll just keep it). Seems as I was doing all the install work I noticed a small electrical box I had installed for a Cell phone location system. I wired it into the door switch on the passenger's side and looped the wiring and the box up above the glove box. I used industrial velcro and stuck it up above the wiper linkage. Well AFTER I had the whole mess disassembled I noticed the small box hanging lower...the glue was giving up on the velcro. Maybe the box was just jammed on the mechanism.

Oh well I had a new motor and switch installed already...so I took that box and its wiring out of the car. It was useless for years anyways.

I thought the first thing to replace was the switch...never bothered to look way under the dash for complete movement of the linkage.. Duh...

Back