• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Hot Rod

Replaced the rear floor pans. Instead of removing seat risers, I drilled out the spot welds on the back and sides and lifted up to get rear pan in all the way to the front pans replaced two years ago.

Attachments

• 2012 March 027.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • 2012 Feb 043.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 2012 March 019.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • 2012 March 031.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 39
Got the seat rear pans finished. Got the seat stands back down and welded in. BTW, I applied sound deadner to the part of the floor pan under the seat pan and under the seat pan too. Installed the rear end, just need to bleed the brakes and install gas tank to be driving again with my new rear gear ratio! 3.80 Detroit Tru-Track!! No more Detroit Clicker for me!

Attachments

• 2012 03 102.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2012 03 103.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2012 03 104.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 43
Screwed the cup brush on my 4" angle grinder, (aka weld dresser) and scrubbed the top of the roof in preparation for some insulation and sound deadner. Primed with a brush and got busy. Should be a LOT quieter. Has a nice solid thud sound to it now.

Attachments

• 2012 03 111.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 2012 03 122.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 302
Time to insult my car with more PRIMER! This time I removed the bumper, tail lights, corners, and sanded the rust off to the metal and then sprayed a can of Self Etching Primer. Gotta look good for the Power Tour!

Before, during and after:

Attachments

• 2012 03 127.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 257
  • 2012 03 126.jpg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 2012 03 128.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 232
  • 2012 03 129.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 57
Finished the mini tubs, gear change, rear end housing paint, Eastwood sound deadner and insulation, 4 point roll bar, etc............ and my desk top computer is out of order, so only have one phone pic of the new C&L Cold Air Intake. Since is was designed for a 03/04 Cobra, had to mod it a bit. The filter housing is in the old battery box area, and is sealed from engine heat. The front of the radiator support was cut on the other side of the battery box for cold air intake. This is much better that the filter in the engine compartment. Thanks Gary!

Attachments

• 67 Cold Air Intake.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 50
Temporary HVAC control install. Gotta be comfortable on the Power Tour!

Attachments

• 67 temp ac control location.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 58
Its being painted! Wimbledon White with light blue deluxe interior

Getting:

Front valance modified to allow air flow for inner cooler
Aluminum splitter on front valance
New Fiberglass hood with steel frame GT500 1967 hood scoop
Everything else on exterior will be stock

"Fast68back" said:
Oh man...you ruined it.....

Yea, I know...

I was just so tired of the body being "junk built" and unpainted. Plus, a nice new interior along with a decent paint job will allow me to enjoy the car in a different way. I want some color!

BTW, before he pull the doors, fenders, glass etc, he is doing a dent removal and prime on the back half so I can autocross it at Goodguys the first week in October. Then it goes back and the drop dead date is May for the Power Tour.

Its being painted at Wade's Customs in Wylie.

http://www.wadesrodandcustom.com/index.html

Thanks for answering my unasked questions. I am very interested to see the quality of work they do for you, I am looking for a shop to put some color on mine as well.

Mike

Jerry, it's gonna be that much better looking with some paint (one color). Won't recognize :confu it next year on the Power Tour.

Back