• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Hot Rod

Installed the new front tires/wheels after the Rangers loss. :sad

Then went for a "spirited" drive and took a few pics of the stance with the new front springs and new wheels and tires. :)

I really am looking forward to a windshield!

"tarafied1" said:

Windshield is in!

Also installed: original steering wheel, so the horn would work. Front bumper, hood, Shelby Hood Scoop riveted on, seat belts, wipers, rear view, etc.

Got it ready for state inspection so I can get tags. Plan on showing it at a vendor show Saturday, so lot of little things to do.

I bought the shell in August of 2009, its been fun. I will drive and test and test and drive, then tear it apart and paint next year. I know its getting a new hood, trunk lid and rear floor pans, but everything else is good to go.

Ready for the road........

impressive work. I like the way your doing it too. I did mine kinda the same way by getting all the build stuff done and driving it before paint. Then it goes together without too many surprises.

"Fast68back" said:
That thing has some serious oil pressure.

Good noticing! When cold, the oil pressure goes up very HIGH, almost 100 psi when you rev it. I'm taking it to HPP for a tune in Lewisville and will ask about that. HPP is suppose to be a wizard with 03/04 Cobra engines.

"fordrule" said:
absolutely amazing. wish i had that time to dedicate to them like you do. amazing job on it.

Thanks! It was worth every penny and every minute spent so far. Third gear is dangerous!

"tarafied1" said:
impressive work. I like the way your doing it too. I did mine kinda the same way by getting all the build stuff done and driving it before paint. Then it goes together without too many surprises.

Thanks! I hope my paint job looks as nice as yours.

I like the way it looks now. I'd be tempted to drive it the way it is for a while. Kinda rat-rod, hot-rod, project under construction vibe. I don't know what it is, but the way it is now is COOL :10
Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
I like the way it looks now. I'd be tempted to drive it the way it is for a while. Kinda rat-rod, hot-rod, project under construction vibe. I don't know what it is, but the way it is now is COOL :10
Bill

Bill, I'm with ya 100%. I like the anti eleanor villain role! Thanks for the approval!

I took it to the local vendor show, (Dallas Mustang) and entered in the 67/68 class. Lots of people stopped and stared. Made my day!

Don't get me wrong, it will look great with paint.
Does anybody remember those "for sale" 1/24 or 1/64 scale cars a while back? I bought the 67 Shelby one. For some reason, I think I just like the look. Your car gives me that same vibe.
Bill

So tonight drove the car to a local gathering of Allen car enthusiasts. We meet every Thursday at 7:00, weather permitting for grins. I was talking to John Anschutz about the gas blowing out on fill up and........he has the solution. (Actually from Terrafied), so thank you both. Drove by his house and John changed out the connector to the gas tank with one Terrified modified to keep the gas from blowing out. Thank YOU!!!!

BTW, I surpassed 500 miles and so far so good. Only complaint is the Detroit Locker, its gotta go!!

Wow, next time Iam in Dallas, I'll have too see it in person. Have you thought about rattle can flat black on the car for now?

Can you post up a picture of the hood and scoop please.

-Mark

Thanks Ryan and Mark. No more spray can paint for now. I kinda like the beater look. I will take a pic of the hood and post this weekend.

Back