• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official 2009 Gift Exchange "what did you get?" post

Thank you David67 for the cools gifts. WTF? is with the movie? My daughter looked at it and said "dad, that movie (dazed and confused) is so you". Humph!!!!

And WTF is with the '70 Mach I hot wheels? Is this a sign that my next project is going to be one?

And WTF are you incinuating with the "Perfectly Sweet" treat? Saying I'm not?????

And WTF are you incinuating with the 68 radio insert? That I need to get tunes going in Shag? In due time my friend.

But seriously, thanks for all the goodies

[smg id=3554]

Knowing of your color identification problem, I hope I got the colors to match your car.....lol

Thank you Jeff , loved the T-shirt and model mustang..Where in the hell did you get a t-Shirt that says Vinny (with a y dammit..to great..all the best to you an the family.. :)

Thank you Abe ( abrahamfh ) , this is the nicest WE gift I have ever got. It includes something for everyone in my family :kaid

For the kids there are two Alex Beard Pop-Out puzzles (they love these things) and some candy to share

For SWMBO is a beautiful Access Christmas ornimet (she loves it) that went on the tree ASAP !

For me there is a new copy of the best movie ever made, Bullitt and I didn't own it till now, very cool.
And a comedy Brevity 2010 calendar for my dest to keep me in a good mood.

Lot's of time and thought went into this and I sure appriciate it. Thanks again Abe :pbj

169_25_12_09_8_38_32.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i got a great set of Roller Perches from Opentracker! John, you are the man!!!! The GO bags they were in was a nice touch too. Had me laughing. Thanks for such a great WE gift! :wor :wor :wor :wor

ebayperches2.jpg

So, what could be in a box 10x12x14 inches and weigh 2 lbs? A interesting, unique item one would not think of. Since I am retired, I really need to keep an eye on my time and this is great. Thanks Andre. Now, where to hang it in the RV..........I will find a spot for sure.
1225091031.jpg

and the funny thing was, I opened it, put in the battery, and it was already set to the correct time.....spooky.

Courtesy of Del65, I received the following priceless artifacts from his garage!!

24_25_12_09_10_47_23.JPG

Most notable were the aerial photo of lovely Modesto, California and the vintage license plate frame promotong NHRA Championship Drag Racing!!

Thanks and Merry Christmas John!!!!

Jeff, you're welcome. The NHRA frame goes bacl to the 80's and has hundreds of thousands of miles on it and graced the rear of the of my many cars including: 67 and 68 Cougars, 85 Scirocco, and five company cars. Enjoy!

Here's what I received from Dave1497; a vintage Custom Autosound am/fm tape deck dated Nov 1991. Thanks for the very cool stereo. I appreciate it.

X.jpg

"Teebone" said:
Thank you Jeff , loved the T-shirt and model mustang..Where in the hell did you get a t-Shirt that says Vinny (with a y dammit..to great..all the best to you an the family.. :)

Just a local T-Shirt shop that does embroidery.........Glad you like it!!

24_25_12_09_11_32_31.jpg

Finally, pics of the GREAT gift from Pete :pbj

First; I pull out of the box, replica RC cars...1 a Mustang and the other; my NEMISIS...A PT Cruzer :barf This will give me plenty of practice over the long, cold winter to figure out a way around that SOB!

RCcars.jpg

Last; A great custom made T-shirt that will get serious track time in the coming years. I can already see that it will be a big hit with the other drivers, creating such jealousy and contempt that they won't even notice the 66 blowing by them, not even a Cruzer......ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa :craz

PTshirt.jpg

Great gifts Pete, Deb and I have been laughing all morning! I was sure it was GO, but Deb said no, pink and blue :lol :lol

Seriously, I'm wearing the shirt at the track! Pics in 4 months :ecit

Glad you enjoyed things. I figured with that PT vs the Mustang, you would have it easy to figure out the passing technique. Those colors do look good though......Merry Christmas.....

Here's what I scored!

The glass ornament is bad arse!
Sign will be up by day's end.

Thanks Justin! (gtscode)

[smg id=3555]

My WE gift arrived from AtlantaSteve a few days before Christmas. There were instructions on the box to open immediately as the gift was wrapped inside the shipping package. Upon opening the package I found that my gift was "man wrapped". The contents were placed inside a typical shirt box, the box was crudely folded in half and then taped folded over with approx. 8 feet of 2" black duct tape. It was the crudest packaging job I've ever seen. Talking with Steve about this I learned that it is a running joke between him and his brother to "man wrap" each others gifts. I'd say that Steve's gotten pretty good at it over the years as my gift was wrapped with absolutely zero effiminity.

The WE gift sat under the tree (way in the back as it looked pretty hideous) until this morning. My WE gift was the first present I opened this morning and I'm:

1. Still laughing my arse off everytime I think about it.

and

2. In complete awe of Steve's humor. I have a completely newfound respect for this guys ability to pull off something hilariously funny.

First, the card. The first picture below is from the inside if the card. The second picture is the outside (front) of the card.

002-35.jpg

003-31.jpg

I'm not going to describe the actual WE gift, but let's just say that it will only get used if I ever go running.... really fast..... and want something to slow me down..... to increase my endurance/run time.

I'm still LMAO and in awe of Steve.

Bravo Steve, bravo!

"1497" said:
My WE gift arrived here from monkeystash yesterday...feels squishy but don't smell fishy.
Thanks Ryan.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Dave

I got 2 t-shirts and 2 mustang hotwheels from monkeystash. Thank you very much Ryan. No camera with me, so pics when I get back to snowy North Texas from snowier Northern Arizona.

I opened my WE gift that came from Dave S and I must say thank you very much Dave it was very thoughtful of you to get something for the little guy and I to share. We are already on page 5 of the maze book. He loved the '33 Dusenberg SJ Speedster the most so far.

Thank you for the Mustang restoration guide, I haven't set it down yet, and the American Dream Cars book is on the coffee table along with the architectural books.

Thanks again and hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays.

IMG_7087-1.jpg

restoration guide......

That's a pretty nice book. It was difficult to part with it, but I'm sure you'll put it to great use!

Yes, the "kids" book was intended for you and your son, some of the puzzles may be a bit too difficult for him to get through alone.

"daveSanborn" said:
That's a pretty nice book. It was difficult to part with it, but I'm sure you'll put it to great use!

Yes, the "kids" book was intended for you and your son, some of the puzzles may be a bit too difficult for him to get through alone.

That's definitely one of the better Mustang restoration books out there.

It must have been traumatic for Dave to part with.

Got a bunch of booty from KBMWRS

Spinning Friends with candy
Champion Horse (Another Mustang)
A set of cars (one is a FB with a sunroof)
A Monogrammed wine stopper
Over the hill daily decision dice
8 in 1 screwdriver
12 piece precision screwdriver set
A KBMWRS approved Delux Tire Plug Kit
A spongeBob Squarepants Magic towel
A disc brake starter kit
A pair of rubber gloves to use in case Craig M has touched any of the items. From the looks of the gloves he has. :lol

Stangfixgiftexchange2009001.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009002.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009003.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009004.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009005.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009006.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009007.jpg

Stangfixgiftexchange2009008.jpg

Back