• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Possible new hood

Looks much better with the pink gone. Good job.

Next up - fixt that DS headlight bucket. That is a big detracter. FYI.

"lethal289" said:
so it goes from pink stripes to zebra stripes. :rtard

To bad your car is a posi, huh pete?

Yep....really amazing how many times one has to explain that, even to die hard Ford owners. I grew up hearing nothing but "posi" to describe all of them, no matter which brand or who owned what..........and cowl hoods were always on chevies........old ways die hard sometimes.

Its not zebra. Its just a bad rattle can job. :lol

Yeah I know I need to fix both headlights, but that's a little ways down the list. Need to save up to replace cowl & windshield first.

"70_Fastback" said:
Kat, re-adjusting those is a no cost item. Just loosen the nuts and repostion & re-tighten. Whalla.

Tried but there are several broken pieces and the screws barely stay in. It all has to be replaced. The whole headlight assembly on both sides.

good job kat looks 10x better than the pics stripes. you at least sand down the stripes and scuff up the hood before you painted it?

you at least sand down the stripes and scuff up the hood before you painted it?
I did! :vic

Check out these posts, Might be able to save those buckets for next to nothing.
I saw those posts. I'd rather just try and replace the whole thing because there is so much bondo all over the headlight buckets. I have a feeling if I took off all the bondo, there would be nothing left of the original piece.

Cool hood!

I really like your hood! Maybe you could put "Gertrude" on the sides of the cowl since it a raised portion of the hood? a graphics place could make something in a font that you'd like. I bet someone on here could photoshop it on there to see how it would look. Kat, are you driving it now? did you get used to the shifter?
dne'

Re: Cool hood!

"Dne'" said:
I really like your hood! Maybe you could put "Gertrude" on the sides of the cowl since it a raised portion of the hood? a graphics place could make something in a font that you'd like. I bet someone on here could photoshop it on there to see how it would look. Kat, are you driving it now? did you get used to the shifter?
dne'

I didn't even think about that! There is a guy in our club that has his nickname done on his cowl (he drives a trans am). I could just go the craft store and and get some rub on letters! :lol
I drive Gert all the time now. Shifter took a little bit to get use too, but I like it now. Its a little more fun to drive than just a normal automatic, the fun of driving a stick but without messing with a clutch!

a few years ago, I had graphics guy make some graphics for my RAv4 hood scoop. A little more than you would need, but I don't think it would cost much to have something made.

rav4.jpg

I might be able to get some cheap airbrush design done. The girl who owns the mustang I traded hoods with, the guy who will be doing the body & paint on her mustang also does airbrush graphics. She hooked me up with his name and number. He's doing the body & paint work for her for only the cost of the supplies. She said I could give him a call and say I know her and see if he'd do the same deal for me, pay for supplies only. He goes to school down in Hunstsville I think is what she said, and between school and working (think she said he works at an auto shop), it will take him a while to do any body/paint work done.

You had better install a 5pt seatbelt system so that scoop won't suck you down it's meaty throat :craz

It definitely looks so much better being all black. I really loved the look that it gave my fastback when I added the cowl hood and the shelby apron with the chin spoiler!!

Not my first choice for a hood design. I am so happy you like it. I am kinda with Pete on this, cowl hoods belong on Chevys....

Anyway, it looks better without the pink and you did a good job.

Oh, and what is so messy about a clutch? I took the C4 out of my 65 in favor of a TKO 5spd. No issues with a clutch here.

Also if you ever change your mind about your hood, I have my stock hood from my 65.

Also I have to use the word Posi even with Ford guys so they will understand what my TrakLok is. Hehehehe

Mel

Back