• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'66FB GT "Slick Guzzo" Upgrade Build-Up

Re: '66FB GT Upgrade Build-Up

A vise and a perfect sized socket (if needed to center).

Put the bushing in the freezer for a while and heat the spring eyelet up with torch. Should make the installation a little easier. Then you can "press" it in with your bench vice if you wanted. Just don't burn your self on the hot spring.

you would think the Moser 9" housing would come with the flange bolts. am i right??! I'm being charged for AMK flange bolts that don't even fit w/out modification.

Looks as if you will need to, that or you will spend forever trying to fine one that will work for that specific application. You could run to the local parts house and see what they have on hand.

"hivewax" said:
here's the problem. what's your take on this? should i grind the head down?

That ranks right up there on the stupid-o-meter! Did you call Moser and ask HTF you're supposed to bolt to that?

Already did. Cobra Auto needs to send them paperwork.

EDIT: sent an e-mail to Moser right after i posted here. i want my refund from Cobra Auto.

with a little persuasion, Cobra Automotive contacted Moser, who will send me the correct T-bolts. Other than a few missing bolts here and there and the added expense, Cobra Auto has been good.

That's good news, the CA stuff is somewhat expensive, but at least they have good cust service to go with it. Now, if they could just price their stuff like John and Shaun do :toot

okay, got the t-bolts and ready to put the SSBC rear disc brakes on. i think i'm being anal/paranoid, but what do you all think of this shot. if i tighten the t-bolts anymore the c-clip will bend. maybe the housing is too short or the axles are too long or is this normal?? there's an o-ring behind the black brake brackets, then the c-clip is last.

I have no exp. with rear disc brakes, but that doesn't look right to me.

I dont think the axle tube flange is perfectly straight. IS there enough threads on the T bolt for the nylon lock nuts to grab?

Flange is straight. I shot it at a slight angle. There is enough thread on the t-bolts.

do i have to use a mallet to pound the axle in tight?? i just pushed it in by hand. i would think that tightening the t-bolts would suffice. i also think the retainer c-plate goes in first, then the 2-piece caliper bracket.

got the rear discs on. just have to put on the parking brake cables and the lines. let me know if you see anything wrong. thanx.

Great build thread. You mentioned that the POR-15 was a PIA, I might have to be looking into some of these rust encapsulator options you mentioned at the beginning of your thread. Could you elaborate a little more on your experience with it and also as to how it's holding up?
Thanks
Keep up the good work

i haven't tested the POR15 on the road yet... should be soon. one experience, i was drilling the gauge wiring hole or whatever in the trunk floor and the POR15 peeled off at the edge. on new metal, it won't stick on as well. POR15 grabs onto pitted metal. and, i would of liked getting a gray topcoat, so i know where i'm painting over. black on black is a pain.

EDIT: also, brushes have to be thrown away after each use. i didn't buy their thinner. thanx for reading.

gimme your thoughts?? looks like the shock tower is savable...

1. thinking of not cutting out anything on the shock tower and adding a patch (marked in red).
2. for the frame, maybe do the same or patch the whole area.
3. for the front side apron, fill the gaps with scrap sheet metal and weld.
4. where the bumper brackets are, thinking of cutting out the rot and adding patch.

Attachments

• IMG_4755b.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4756b.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4757b.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 45
Back